Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course..arum has always been the problem..bradley had to sign with top rank to fight duckqiao..I said it few months ago that bradley would be fighting mr duckqiao..cotto had to leave arum to get a fight with mayweather..I think by now we know that pac is arums little bending over dog.

Comment

• Like Floyd couldn't get drawn out of that retirement with the correct offer~

Not like Floyd doesn't like making money or anything~

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        You don't remember the interview immediately after the Hatton fight or the interviews in the media after the Hatton fight?
        You don't remember the interview after the De La Hoya fignt? Where he claimed he was retired? But somehow a Hatton fight managed to be negotiated in the middle of this supposed retirement. And i'm sure the fact that Hatton isn't contracted with a person who he has several financial disputes with helped alot in getting the fight done as well.

I thought Mayweather made it VERY clear, that Cotto needed to build his fan base if he expected a fight.
        He said nothing of the sort.

It's kind of hard to negotiate with someone that already said they wouldn't fight you because you lack a fan base.
        Accept it never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Like Floyd couldn't get drawn out of that retirement with the correct offer~

Not like Floyd doesn't like making money or anything~
          He does, thats why he tried to rematch Oscar. Cotto could not bring that type of money and was actually risky so no fight.

Comment

• It becomes quite evident when certain people have only been following boxing for two years tops.

Comment

• Easy to blame Arum, but if you were Floyd who would you rather fight, Cotto or Pacquiao?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Obviously they mean nothing. How can he have an "official retirement" when they're all fake? He "retired" after Hatton and specifically said he wasn't interested in fighting Cotto in the post fight interview with Merchant

Then there's the infamous "he lives in Puerto Rico" interview he did before his proposed rematch with Oscar/
                He also said in the same interview that he "would love" to fight Cotto. And all he had to do was contact him with the right offer if he wanted a fight. The offer never arrived. Apparently and unfortunately, Arum felt Alfonso Gomez was a more viable opponent for Cotto than Mayweather.
                Last edited by -Deal With It-; 02-03-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• i agree, but im still watching,lol

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
                    He also said in the same interview that he "would love" to fight Cotto. And all he had to do was contact him with the right offer if he wanted a fight.

But Arum felt differently. Alfonso Gomez was apparently was a more viable oppoent in his eyes.
                    You clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
                      You don't remember the interview after the De La Hoya fignt? Where he claimed he was retired? But somehow a Hatton fight managed to be negotiated in the middle of this supposed retirement. And i'm sure the fact that Hatton isn't contracted with a person who he has several financial disputes with helped alot in getting the fight done as well.

He said nothing of the sort.

Accept it never happened.
                      But does Floyd want to fight Cotto in 2008 because it seems Floyd only interest in that year was to rematch Dela Hoya.

Comment

Working...
                      X