• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Great vid. Hope that's done for the rest of the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      I appreciate the effort on the vid. However, a good amount of those punches that were counted as a landed punch were inconclusive.

Comment

• Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
        I appreciate the effort on the vid. However, a good amount of those punches that were counted as a landed punch were inconclusive to me.
        Fixed. ^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
          Cotto & Mosley have never done a million+ ppv buys as the primary headliner of ppv. Nowhere in the vacinity. Infact, their fight together didn't even generate 300,000 buys if i recall correctly.

And Canelo is completely unproven of being a draw in the U.S. He hasn't headlined one PPV, and his last few fights that aired on regular HBO didn't even do better numbers than Hopkins-Dawson II & Hopkins/Pascal II. It's just plain laughable to claim that a guy that hasn't even headlined a PPV yet is somehow responsible for these massive numbers, especially considering the actual headliner of said PPV, have but up similar or BETTER #'s time and time again.
          Cotto V Mosley did 400,000 buys, Cotto V Margarito did 450,000, and their rematch did 600,000. The only ppv that Cotto has done that was under 300,000 was against Judah and I believe that was around 250,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puya View Post
            No he wasn't he was hitting Floyd a lot specially to the body.

Rounds 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 definetly Cotto's rounds. You can make a really good case for rounds 1, 7 and 10 or 11.
            not sure if serious?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTangMoneyTeam View Post
              not sure if serious?
              No he's not. Just trolling.

Comment

• terrible decison.....

Hey man, I just watched the fight again a few minutes ago. Here's what I think. The commentators need to be fired!!! They are so bogus man. They were talking about how good Floyd's defense is while he was clearly being hit in round 8 which was the turning point in the fight. They acted casual and continued to disrespect what Cotto was doing. As far as the fight goes, according to the jugdes, Cotto might as well not haved showed up!! 118-110!?? REALLY!? Cotto won 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 i.m.o. and you could make a case for 5 as well. The scores should have been 115-114 or a DRAW. Floyd didn't take his title clearly. Floyd won the 12th clearly but I can't say he took Cotto's title man. He tried to do his typical Floyd stuff but he was in there with another A-level opponent that night. He thought Cotto would fade and bust up but little to his surprise, his defense and stamina has improved. With a few adjustments, he'll win a rematch but we all know Floyd won't give him one. Great fight nontheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                  Hey man, I just watched the fight again a few minutes ago. Here's what I think. The commentators need to be fired!!! They are so bogus man. They were talking about how good Floyd's defense is while he was clearly being hit in round 8 which was the turning point in the fight. They acted casual and continued to disrespect what Cotto was doing. As far as the fight goes, according to the jugdes, Cotto might as well not haved showed up!! 118-110!?? REALLY!? Cotto won 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 i.m.o. and you could make a case for 5 as well. The scores should have been 115-114 or a DRAW. Floyd didn't take his title clearly. Floyd won the 12th clearly but I can't say he took Cotto's title man. He tried to do his typical Floyd stuff but he was in there with another A-level opponent that night. He thought Cotto would fade and bust up but little to his surprise, his defense and stamina has improved. With a few adjustments, he'll win a rematch but we all know Floyd won't give him one. Great fight nontheless.
                  Cotto won 2 or 3 rounds. Next time try watching the fight objectively instead of with a pro-Cotto bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    You don't know how to score punches landed. Punches landed on the back of the head, shoulders, arms, or to the lower back DON'T count as punches landed. Only punches landed to the face, chest, and stomache count. In that department Floyd clearly beat Cotto. You need to watch the fight again knowing the information I just told you.
                    Cotto might have won rounds 6, 8, and 9 but he didn't win anymore than that. Although 7 was close and could conceivably have gone to Cotto. That means at the maximum Cotto won 3 or 4 rounds! And what are you talking about when you say the commentators didn't give Cotto credit in round 8 for punches landed? In round 8 Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley say round 8 was a CLEAR victory for Miguel Cotto. Stop hating man.

Comment

• The fight was closer than I expected( and how Floyd said it was gonna be let's not forget that ) and Floyd got hit more than usual. Had it 117-111 Mayweather and that was me being impressed with Miguel Cotto and trying my best not to yawn. But what does this say about Floyd's chances if he fights Pacquiao? I'd say it's pretty even because styles make fights. Though I would lean towards Manny if Floyd decides to "please the fans and give them an exciting fight" again. If he tries the stand-up on Manny he might get something a lot worse than a nosebleed. If it's A-OK, don't fix it, and don't fix it late.
                      Last edited by Clove97; 05-19-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X