• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
    take floyd off that card it wouldnt even break 300k
    True ****in story.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
      You gotta hand it to Mayweather......dude does smart business.......Puerto Ricans buying for Cotto.......Mexicans buying for Canelo......and they all pat HIS numbers..........good sheeet!!!!
      You forgot to mention the African-Americans buying the fight to see D'Andre Lattimore fight. Your post and every other post claiming that Canelo is responsible for part of the success the PPV are ridiculous. No onebuys a PPV event to see an undercard fight, especially a lousy mismatch like Canelo/Mosley. Floyd is responsible for 1.2 million of the buys and Cotto is responsible for the other 300,000.

Comment

• lol even some people in the media find it ridiculos that some ****** FANS are doing all they can to DISCREDIT MAYWEATHER PPV NUMBERS hahaha

Canelo is being SHOWCASED ON MAYWEATHER'S CARD with the hopes that one day he can be a PPV Draw Himself

STOP ***IN LYING TO YOURSELVES...yeah ok we get it we know some of you HATE MAYWEATHER which is fine but some of you are just REACHING NOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          why's that? i see a lot of people complaining about glove touching these days. that's why maidana gets so much respect around here. but when floyd does it he gets bad karma for it? he did what most boxers say they would have done if they were in his shoes. if anybody is to blame for that fight, it's that idiot ortiz. dude quit on his ass and ran with his paycheck.

i bet you went ape**** when ortiz tried to knock floyd out with his head but seeing him on the canvas instead of floyd left a bad taste in your mouth. i've met people like that... yup same people that talk about sportsmanship.
          My impression with the fight with Floyd vs Ortiz was more like wtf is going on. The whole fight smelt like fish and everyone who participated in that event.

Comment

• the fact that they took opportunity of the mexican holiday says a lot about that ppv and who'd more likely influenced the numbers. whatever these apologists says the fact remains that it was made during mexican holiday with a mexican boxing superstar, try figuring it out if such was held not on that date. need not say more

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              Canelo, Cotto, Mosely alone should pull 1million plus. That leaves Floyd the remaining 500k

Good job boxing stars good job! The 4 of you help sell this fight.
              THis right here! I find it funny when I read "Mayweather did 1.5. PPV buys"

A lot of people that I know ordered the fight for Canelo & Cotto... I'm sure a few *****s bought the fight... But no ******** way were all those fans *****s.

Canelo, Cotto, Mosley fans= 1 mil PPV buys alone. Haters gonna hate.
              It was 5 de Mayo... Lets see Floyd fight Martinez in July-August. Dude will barely crack the mil mark. Real talk.
              Floyd is not ******... He's a smart muthaphucker, thats why he fights in May and September (another Mexican holiday.) If he was to fight any other month... Dude won't do a mil. It would be another Floyd vs. Baldomir.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                You forgot to mention the African-Americans buying the fight to see D'Andre Lattimore fight. Your post and every other post claiming that Canelo is responsible for part of the success the PPV are ridiculous. No onebuys a PPV event to see an undercard fight, especially a lousy mismatch like Canelo/Mosley. Floyd is responsible for 1.2 million of the buys and Cotto is responsible for the other 300,000.
                Smart post

Comment

• Regardless of who was on the undercard (Credit also goes to the lead promoter for stacking the card) or whether the fight occurs on cinco whatever day the credit goes to the Main fighter/lead and that is Floyd Mayweather, Deal with that haters.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Regardless of who was on the undercard (Credit also goes to the lead promoter for stacking the card) or whether the fight occurs on cinco whatever day the credit goes to the Main fighter/lead and that is Floyd Mayweather, Deal with that haters.....
                    They're so mad about this. They want to give all this credit to Canelo just to discredit Floyd. It makes me wonder if they have ever been to a fight party.

I watched the fight with a pretty mixed crowd of white Americans, Argentinians (one of the guys is a good friend of Maidana...he's getting me some sweet memorabilia), and Mexicans. Nobody is watching the undercard, I want to watch it and people pretty much make it impossible to watch the undercard. The last two PPVs with Canelo on them it has gone like this even with my friends who I would say are fairly well versed for casual fans. Canelo comes on. Everyone talks about ginger Mexicans for 10 minutes. A few people focus their attention on the Canelo fight, a majority of the people going back to partying not even watching the fight. May-Cotto comes on. Maybe 60% of the people start watching and the rest just keep partying.

Implying Canelo and Cotto generated most of the buyss is just ****** crying by butthurt Manny worshipers.
                    Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 05-14-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Cotto & Mosley have never done a million+ ppv buys as the primary headliner of ppv. Nowhere in the vacinity. Infact, their fight together didn't even generate 300,000 buys if i recall correctly.

And Canelo is completely unproven of being a draw in the U.S. He hasn't headlined one PPV, and his last few fights that aired on regular HBO didn't even do better numbers than Hopkins-Dawson II & Hopkins/Pascal II. It's just plain laughable to claim that a guy that hasn't even headlined a PPV yet is somehow responsible for these massive numbers, especially considering the actual headliner of said PPV, have but up similar or BETTER #'s time and time again.

Comment

Working...
                      X