No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    You gotta hand it to Mayweather......dude does smart business.......Puerto Ricans buying for Cotto.......Mexicans buying for Canelo......and they all pat HIS numbers..........good sheeet!!!!
    You got it all wrong.....

Goldenboy puts canelo on Mayweathers cards so that canelo can get seen by the american public.

Canelo is a star in mexico not the USA.

As far as Cotto is concerned........puerto rico buy Mayweather fights all the time.

This fight did 1.5 because of Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      How about, no version of Cotto beats any version of Mayweather? Next?
      Which is why Bob Arum never allowed Cotto to fight Mayweather when both where under Top Rank and both at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProTrainer View Post
        Cotto couldnt even see manny's puches yet he was able to pick off nearly 3/4 of all Floyds power shots. When Cotto boxed Floyds offense was nill.
        5 rounds was razor thin. Floyd was able to take
        off a min of each round but vs a pacquiao the pace will destroy him at 35-36.
        Cotto and Castillo were able to land hundreds of power shots combined.
        Show me the great defense vs the best and I am a believer but
        already seen kinks in the armor vs less.
        Cotto was drained in that fight, and not the same fighter mentally, as Manny steward once said...the thing about Pac is, he has problems with defensive counterpunchers...Floyd has problems with big strong durable guys with jabs...I wouldnt be shocked if Canelo could beat Floyd, cuz Floyd cant fight at that weight, but Pac is predictable, easy to hit, cant make adjustments, has countering oppurtunities...I think Floyd would stop Pac, he ALMOST Stopped cotto at 54', which impressed me....but as far as matching him up with pac,...well pac cant really fight..he can only beat u if ur washed up, coming off a loss, drained, over the hill, or over matched like bradley!..Not only that, but Floyd would counter 2 of cotto's punches, with 5 of his own punches by brawling on the insides...Floyd cant do that with pac...he's so much faster now, but he will box him and do his normal one punch at a time thang!

Comment

• Main reason that I ordered the ppv was the thought of a good undercard in Mosley vs canelo which I thought experience will overcome youth but man I was dead wrong. Mosley was shot to ****z, no speed no punching power. Also of course the main event which sadly knew that mayweather was going to overwhelm cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
            You gotta hand it to Mayweather......dude does smart business.......Puerto Ricans buying for Cotto.......Mexicans buying for Canelo......and they all pat HIS numbers..........good sheeet!!!!
            Buy to answer your question... Take Mosley vs canelo out on a cinco de mayo I would say Floyd and cotto would have done 1.2 milli

Comment

• Originally posted by IIocano View Post
              Main reason that I ordered the ppv was the thought of a good undercard in Mosley vs canelo which I thought experience will overcome youth but man I was dead wrong. Mosley was shot to ****z, no speed no punching power. Also of course the main event which sadly knew that mayweather was going to overwhelm cotto.
              Entire page of recent posts all about Filipino boxers...says he bought PPV for Canelo-Mosley.

Is any form of lying you guys won't do in an attempt to elevate your idol?

Comment

• Promotion, marketing.

May 5th weekend has ALWAYS been a big boxing weekend, somone should go back .... brb im going to do it.

there is no doubt Mexicans and Ricans contributed to the numbers. I am not saying crazy numbers but I will say Mayweather has the bulk of the PPV. Honestly he is more marketable now than before, he even made statements on 24/7 to attract the Mexican viewer. Great Work on the Promotion. The announcer kept talking about Puebla and VIVA Mexico, yet the main event didnt have a mexican. Being 5 de mayo helped whether anyone cares to admit it or not. September 16 weekend is also a big PPV weekend, just happens to be Mexican independence day.... didn't floyd even wear green white and red one year for May 5

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Entire page of recent posts all about Filipino boxers...says he bought PPV for Canelo-Mosley.

Is any form of lying you guys won't do in an attempt to elevate your idol?
                  Sadly your mistaken and i dont know what the hell you is talkin about but let me elaborate to you what i was sayin earlier. I told myself that I would never buy Floyd's ppv after the incident with victor Ortiz but I was contemplating between ordering the fight with Floyd and cotto. I came to realize that spending 60 bucks would be worth it since the under card had big names.
                  Last edited by IIocano; 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IIocano View Post
                    Sadly your mistaken and i dont know what the hell you is talkin about but le me paraphrase to you what i was sayin earlier. I told myself that I would never buy Floyd's ppv after the incident with victor Ortiz but I was contemplating between ordering the fight with Floyd and cotto. I came to realize that spending 60 bucks would be worth it since the under card had big names.
                    why's that? i see a lot of people complaining about glove touching these days. that's why maidana gets so much respect around here. but when floyd does it he gets bad karma for it? he did what most boxers say they would have done if they were in his shoes. if anybody is to blame for that fight, it's that idiot ortiz. dude quit on his ass and ran with his paycheck.

i bet you went ape**** when ortiz tried to knock floyd out with his head but seeing him on the canvas instead of floyd left a bad taste in your mouth. i've met people like that... yup same people that talk about sportsmanship.

Comment

• 5/7/11 PAC vs Moseley
                      Arce vs vazquez jr Pavlik on card too

5/1/10 Mayweather vs Mosley
                      Canelo vs jose miguel Cotto Ponce de leon also on card
                      *margarito and williams fought on different cards the following week

5/2/09 Pac vs Hatton *floyd sr trained hatton adding to the hype
                      Soto and Mares on card

5/3/08 DLH vs Forbes tune up for Pac
                      Ortiz on card

5/5/07 DLH vs Mayweather

5/6/06 DLH vs Mayorga

5/7/05 Castillo vs Corrales
                      JMM on card

5/8/04 Cotto vs ndou
                      JMM vs PAC 1 **not a big event at the time HBO world championship boxing

5/3/03 DLH vs Campas
                      Morales vs Velardez Arce, calderon also on card

Comment

Working...
                      X