No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I dissagree...Floyd DID Get a little tired, but I think its from fighting at this weight...he got a little gassed when he fought Oscar as well...as far as his speed, he was fast as HELLL...It was like the gatti fight, and a few more notches faster than when he fought Marquez...his combinations, angles, AWESOME...His offense, was almost SHOCKING...The fourth round, was great....I think Floyd was so offensive minded, he got almost reckless...I want him to go back to throwing less punches, and picking shots, and I also want him to stay away from this weight class...no Martinez, and no Canelo...waaay too risky for him to fight at this class
    Cotto couldnt even see manny's puches yet he was able to pick off nearly 3/4 of all Floyds power shots. When Cotto boxed Floyds offense was nill.
    5 rounds was razor thin. Floyd was able to take
    off a min of each round but vs a pacquiao the pace will destroy him at 35-36.
    Cotto and Castillo were able to land hundreds of power shots combined.
    Show me the great defense vs the best and I am a believer but
    already seen kinks in the armor vs less.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
      Manny landed 336 of 780 at 43% vs Cotto

Floyd landed only 179 of 687 at 26% vs a less than prime Cotto

Hell Manny almost landed 100 (276) more power punches against Cotto than Floyd landed total punches.

No wonder Floyd won't take the fight. Manny is a buzzsaw that Floyd wants no part of. I don't blame him.
      You forgot to mentions Manny took nearly 70 more punches than Mayweather vs Cotto.

Comment

• At this point Mosley is a bigger PPV draw than Canelo

Comment

• all of the casual fans buy mayweather fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            how many did cotto-margo do??

and what is canelos highest ppv??oh thats right he never headlined one has he
            Remember jmm and casmayors ppv was the worst of 2009....then he did 1.2 with a retired mayweather.....

Comment

• Originally posted by egodfather View Post
              CompuHoax will always favour Floyd. Cotto won 5 rounds. 115-113 Mayweather. 2007-2008 Cotto beats any version of Mayeather. NEXT!
              How about, no version of Cotto beats any version of Mayweather? Next?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                how many did shane-mora do
                how many did cotto-margo do
                what has canelo ever headlined??

sure cotto is the 3rd biggest draw

but take floyd out and this card would not have even done 300k

Cotto is 3rd biggest draw in boxing for a reason.

The Cotto/Margarito 1 generated 450K ppv

The Cotto/Margarito 2 generated more than 600K ppv

Cotto's fight with a "has been" in Mayorga generated 200K ppv

What do those numbers tell us? Cotto is indeed a draw. I can safely assume that in a fight as big as the Mayweather/Cotto, the PR went all out to buy the fight.

It is therefore, safe to say that in this fight Cotto's side contributed from 500K to 600K easily.

To say Canelo/Mosley didn't contribute to the ppv ssales is an insult to the two fighters.

My "guestimate" is Canelo contributed 50K to 100K at the very least.
                Last edited by Dale Cardon; 05-13-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  lol mad? You got that from my post? More like your the one affected by it.. You upset? Did I make you realize the truth? did you feel shaken??

Did you feel the cold feeling of reality.. Shaken??
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Canelo, Cotto, Mosely alone should pull 1million plus. That leaves Floyd the remaining 500k

Good job boxing stars good job! The 4 of you help sell this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post

Cotto is 3rd biggest draw in boxing for a reason.

The Cotto/Margarito 1 generated 450K ppv

The Cotto/Margarito 2 generated more than 600K ppv

Cotto's fight with a "has been" in Mayorga generated 200K ppv

What do those numbers tell us? Cotto is indeed a draw. I can safely assume that in a fight as big as the Mayweather/Cotto, the PR went all out to buy the fight.

It is therefore, safe to say that in this fight Cotto's side contributed from 500K to 600K easily.

To say Canelo/Mosley didn't contribute to the ppv ssales is an insult to the two fighters.

My "guestimate" is Canelo contributed 50K to 100K at the very least.
                      So you would agree he contributed 600k to the Manny fight as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X