No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    He's 34, the legs aren't what they use to be. If you watch any footballer (proper football, not the steroid padded nonsense) it's around the 32/33 mark when they really begin to lose their pace and movement. Floyd will stand in front of Cotto, just as he did with Ortiz and Mosley.

The real question is, will he stand in front of Larry Merchant post-fight or run off and duck him like last time?
    hey hey hey now. dont disrespect my football. I grew up playin it. Wish I wouldve been a better kid so I couldve went to skool on a scholarship like some of my teammates did instead of going to jail

Comment

• That is a lot of money~

I would have to figure they would at the very least approach 2 million for him to be raking it in like that.

There are other monies though site fee, international, merchandies, sponsorship and gate (live, closed circuit and movie theaters).

They would have to be splitting 100 million between them which is possible but they have to do huge in all areas to get there.

Good for him though, he deserves it I hope he gets it.

Comment

• I will be supporting Cotto like never before, but in all honesty I see him getting picked apart and stopped if not flat out KTFO... I see too much wear and tear on him, and he doesn't react well at all whatsoever to hard punches, and Mayweather will be them fast punches that he does, I think Cotto will be competitive to some degree, but then ultimately will succumb to the connect rate of floyd too accurate.

Comment

• cotto is shot remember? ofcourse he doesn't have a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
            hey hey hey now. dont disrespect my football. I grew up playin it. Wish I wouldve been a better kid so I couldve went to skool on a scholarship like some of my teammates did instead of going to jail
            That's what happen when u idol someone like Floyd lol.. Thinking back now was that candy bar worth doing jail time?

Comment

• Yea...... hes not making 30million.......

Hope he does though, he deserves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                alot of people debate about this. I see people on other sites who think that Cotto is now very good or atleast solid at fighting going backwards
                I think Cotto is fine going backwards and think he almost prefers it now...but that won't work against Floyd. Will work against almost anyone else, but not Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  my math is fuzzy. how will he make $30 million from a 65/35 split?
                  it's a propaganda...they have to share $85 million in order for cotto to get $30 million. realistically this fight is good for $120 million in total revenue (ppv, gates, sponsors, etc.) and 50% of that goes to hbo, cable companies and the fight venue operator. what's left is $60 million to be divided between the fighters, promoter and the undercards. cotto can earn $15 million max with his 35% to floyd's $30 million or 65%. of course floyd earns more with his share of the promotional profits.

Comment

• long time coming, but still good to see cotto get a crack at money may, however way you look at it...money's past prime resume going back to marquez definitely gets a notch added...if he gets rid of cotto in spectacular fashion and gets the pac man in there and beats him, the resume is a solid one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      Yup *****s and *******s have some similarity but I do see *******s in this forum are more generally sensible if you compile all the ****ty comments they make. I think *******s at least reached High School, *****s are just a different animal maybe 2nd grade tops lol
                      I'm laughing at this post. You are one of the *******s and probably one of the biggest ones on this website. Of course you would defend *******s. And no *******s do not make sensible comments because some of the most absurd cooments I've seen have been made by the *******s.

Comment

Working...
                      X