Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to like when Manny touched his gloves and raised them up. But then fake-ass Khan started doing it, and now I hate it.

Comment

• whats funny to see is floyd shaking his head like telling cotto that it doesnt hurt while his nose is dripping blood and got bloody eyes like about to cry

Comment

• Originally posted by 30%Cottoxposeu
        this was the best mayweather since corraless (rip) too. ask roger mayweather. Nice performance definitely by a past prime cotto though, proud to be a long time fan.
        Everytime you write "past prime" for Cotto, go ahead and mention that Floyd will be turning 36.

Comment

• it's equivalent to pac ****ing his gloves or hitting his head after getting hit. It's a show of bravado, I love it. It can be demoralizing for opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            I used to like when Manny touched his gloves and raised them up. But then fake-ass Khan started doing it, and now I hate it.
            I was actually going to say that I could see both Floyd & Pac doing that alot if they meet

Comment

• Originally posted by dlt View Post
              anyone else love seeing this. 1st off let me go to cotto for a second. I loved watching his training on 24/7 and his whole demeanor since the fight has been made. Its like he knew he was going to be hell for floyd to deal with.

Floyd was hyped at the weigh-in on the scale but i think cotto shocked him a lil bit when he walked up on him during the stare down. Cotto meant business. Then also on the center ring square off before the fight. Cotto had the best mug of all time.......lol that was classic and got me hyped even as a floyd fan.
              i think that was when floyd first got into cotto's head. They were exchanging words and cotto has never done that. He did great before the fight up until that point. And also in the 12th round floyd was talking **** and cotto was replying, he def got into cotto's head. He broke the wall

now back to the original topic. One of my favorite things in boxing right now is floyd shaking his head after punches, like "no" or that shish isnt doing nothing. Its also cool when he nods the other way or laughs like that was a good shot or "you got me".

We saw when jmm caught him with the right, floyd smiled like "nice shot". Then when mosley caught him, he shook his head & laughed even when he was hurt. Then immediatly started walking him down while shaking his head after every exchange.

Fast forward to ortiz and its the same thing. When ortiz would swing and they would clinch a lil, floyd would shake his head and then walk towards him while throwing shots. He went from being a pretty boy to being straight nasty.

Now in the cotto fight, cotto was throwing ****ers on the ropes, floyd would shake his head and then come back. Again though, there were also times he was nodding the other way. I agree with merchant in that he was embarrased some by having his nose bloody.
              i don't know if was embarrassed, in between rounds he looked at the camera and had the biggest smile. Nose was running and his mouthpiece was covered in blood. Reminded me of ali and bowe in the holyfield fight. Maybe he was trying to hide it, who knows

it was awesome in that one exchange in the mid rounds after his nose was bleeding and i think he tried to pull away with a good defensive mood but cotto caught him with either a good jab or right hand & kinda admired his work. Immediatly the blown poured out of floyd's nose and floyd smiled & nodded his head like "ok, i give you props for that shish because no one does that to me". Then he went back to fighting again. Thats all beast shish to me
              it is definitely awesome to see a fighter acknowledge to another fighter that you caught me, and it was a good shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Everytime you write "past prime" for Cotto, go ahead and mention that Floyd will be turning 36.
                cotto had been in alot of war

floyd?

vacation
                retirement
                cherrypicking

Comment

• I think I can recall that moment.

Cotto hit Floyd with a jab two times in a row, in the 6th round. And Floyd was like "DAMN" again. And shook his head. As if to say that never happens. I think he was more annoyed with himself than anything for getting hit with a simple jab like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    it's equivalent to pac ****ing his gloves or hitting his head after getting hit. It's a show of bravado, I love it. It can be demoralizing for opponents.
                    I agree. I was going to write that but forgot. I think it gets in alot of his opponents heads. Not Cotto though

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather Jr. Launches Shoe Design Contest

When you're an undefeated and seven-time world champion boxer what else could you possible want?

A pair of fab shoes, of course!

Fresh off a big win this weekend in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is searching for the perfect pair of one-of-a-kind shoes.

They don't call him "Pretty Boy Floyd" for nothing!

In celebration of the launch of MYMAG, the champ's print and digital ****zine, he is offering his fans a chance to design a pair of shoes that he will personally rock.

Floyd is asking those interested "to submit their most creative pattern or color scheme design"--and the winner will get $3000 as well as a pair of the shoes autographed by Mayweather himself. Not too shabby!

You only have until May 21, so get to sketching!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...usaolp00000003

Comment

Working...
                      X