Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd wont fight pac. mechant asked about his stand on the money split and floyd stuttered and went off on a tangent again with his ****** reply about drug testing. lol whats up with that.

Comment

• I had the fight 116 - 112 for May.

The fight was tougher than May thought it would be, after that broken nose he was like damn Cotto is serious. Maybe that's why he's thinking of retiring again.

Good event overall, even on P2P streaming.

Comment

• and overall, not everyone's body is the same...some fighters simply can last a bit longer comfortably...and some are WILLING to keep going...but Mayweather's probably at a stage where he CAN keep going and be competitive, but not like he once was..and doesn't want to end up a past his prime stepping stone (Mosley, Hopkins, etc)...plus he seems to have his money in a good place especially making 15, 20, 30million minimum purses as his own promotor

Comment

• If he is not going to fight Martinez or Pacquiao (maybe bradley or khan, depending on how they perform against the elite at 147) then he might as well retire. The same goes Pacquiao, I'm sick of the cherry picking.

Comment

• just rewatched it still had it 116-112 for may to me 118-110 is ridiculus just my opinion but i still will say mayweather won comfortably but not that comfortably awesome fight really enjoyed it saturday night and just now.

Comment

• Monday at lunch:

An industry friend who normally gives me the nums said that the buyrate definitely seems less than the 2 million Schaefer was talking about (no surprise there).

Her quote:

"But the numbers are strong....well above the Ortiz fight. Probably in the 1.45-1.6 million range."

Also, remember that the unit cost was higher.

Take it for what you will. I'll post updated data for those interested as I get it.

Comment

• its different from everyone, i think he needs to let his hands heal again but if he retires oh well

Comment

• Cotto won that fight by losing the fight, but losing it with dignity...
                  so to be clear....
                  While Cotto lost and Mayweather won...
                  Cotto actually won
                  because ya know, mayweathers an a**hole. got it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    There are different ways to get "miles", though.

In the case of Margarito and Vargas, it's because they have been punched silly and been in wars.

In the case of Hatton, it's because he has abused his body and all that yo-yo dieting.

In the case of Pernell, it was the drug use.

Is it possible that Floyd is aging because he worked so hard for so long? When you add up all of Floyd's lifelong training and work (ams, O's, pro, etc), that is alot of work on his joints and muscles.

His reflexes may be sharp... but his body breaks down from all the repetitive work.

Michael Jordan was aging at 36-ish.

Roy Jones always took care of his body...and he was def slipping physically at 35+.
                    This is true and you make good points but boxing is different than any other sport. In basketball it's more about overall athletic ability, in boxing it's about the damage you take in your career.

I personally think we witnessed the beginning of the decline of Floyd, now that doesn't mean he is past it just not the same fighter.

I see it more in his legs and that's due to age because he hasn't been in any wars realistically. His body and mind are fresh, but the first thing to go is the legs when you are older.

35 isn't old, hell 40 isn't old but in pro sports 30 is when the body starts to decline. I don't think Floyd's amazing training has wore him down, if anything it's helped him but his legs aren't the way they once were and that leads me to believe it's just age at work here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Pacquiao, Martinez, or retire.
                      Just had to add the fact that your Signature is bull****. None of the fighters you mentioned below are of the same stages in their careers, and a triangle theory is between 3 fighters, hence why its called a triangle.

Comment

Working...
                      X