Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    Let's recap:

Floyd has just fought Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto and Juan Manuel Marquez. Three Hall of Famers.

In those three fights, Floyd lost a total of about five rounds. Maybe four.
    Floyd is the best but I think this fight showed he has slowed slightly and a fight with Pac becomes even more interesting.

Canelo impressed me and i like his patience unlike the writer of the article. Usually young fighters come out too aggressive and get caught, Canelo shows patience, poise and delivers when it counts.

I think he did try to end the fight in the 9th but Mosley is one tough sob.

Comment

• I think the most most unbiased score is probably 117-111. Cotto fought every round though, he just happened to lose a majority of them. Made a very good account of himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        I guess so, but it's a very common transition in boxing

Ali never went to jail.
        yeah he was jst stripped of his license to fight

to ans. the question, pbf is way better defensively and doesn't get hit a lot. ali's chin was very superior because he can absorb shots from very good punchers like liston, frazier & foreman!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNorth View Post
          its like the people in this thread didnt even read the the first post
          he is comparing Ali and Floyd by what they did/doing in the ring and the similarity on how they adapted in their style to suit their age/lack of speed

not what they did in their personal life..
          You are right

And i agree with the first post, Ali was dancing around the ring throwing beautiful combos and hyper fast jabs earlyer in his carrer, later on he settled down more and relayed more on his arms to do the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            See Pacquiao vs Cotto Nov 2009
            Lets see if manny can make it to 35. I don't think so.

Comment

• This is a bad question because PBF is not in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                That was rubbish , look at Mannys head while Cotto was a weight drained weakling , no wonder Manny DUCKs him without a draining CW , Cotto would blow him away when he is not drained .

Cotto: Pacquiao beat me, he was just the better man on the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Books are far better. The show is damn good, one the best on TV right now, but they just cannot cover all the material the books do.
                  Exactly to the bold hence why books are usually better than the movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Floyd is the best but I think this fight showed he has slowed slightly and a fight with Pac becomes even more interesting.

Canelo impressed me and i like his patience unlike the writer of the article. Usually young fighters come out too aggressive and get caught, Canelo shows patience, poise and delivers when it counts.

I think he did try to end the fight in the 9th but Mosley is one tough sob.
                    I agree with you.

As an addition, though, I do think that Canelo should have tried to drown Shane with activity.

I hate when a young guy has an older fighter in front of him and does NOT set a pace that the old guy can't keep.

Pascal-Hopkins
                    Dawson-Hopkins
                    Canelo-Mosley
                    Etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Yeah, he's got one or two more fights left and Pacquiao is probably the easiest. Toughest to make though.
                      Without a doubt Pac is the easiest fight out there but they wont put Pac in with Floyd unless its Pac last fight , only leaves SM or maybe Bradley if he beat Pac that would be bitter sweet because Floyd will beat Tim easily .

Not much out there for Floyd , not much for Pac either because he wont fight a WW like Berto or Ortiz , wont fight Cotto at 154 , all they have left is to rob JMM again .

Comment

Working...
                      X