No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
    I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran
    Why would you compare performances between a prime Leonard/Whitaker/Hearns and a 35yr old Mayweather fighting out of his weight class?

Comment

• Originally posted by fightscore View Post
      I collected 211 scores this week for my fightscorecollector blog http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com cheers to jakeNDAbox for letting me do this on the scene.

198 had Mayweather winning , most common scores 115-113 , 116-112 and 117-111

8 had Cotto winning.. (6 from Boxingscene - raskat 116-114 , check hook 118-110 ?? , sweetsciencePHD 115-113 , luki29 116-115 , british pride 115-113 , mindbut 117-111?? )

5 had the fight a draw (none from Boxingscene)

i was able to collect 27 press scores from both sides of the Atlantic. Of this 26 had Mayweather winning but this time by wider margins 116-112 , 117-111 - not many 115-113s , only 1 member of the press Mr Suge Green of the excellent onthegrind boxing radio scored the fight a draw at 114-114.

My scorecard read 115-113 Mayweather and i was able to get 50 scores on Boxingscene 44 who all thought Mayweather won.

Thanks for all your scores and please check out the blog as i have tried to explain a wee bit how i scored the fight
      118-110 for Cotto? Did Floyd do something to check hooks' family?

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
        I didn't see much holding, but then again, I was drunk as ****.
        There wasn't a lot but Floyd did more than a few time and was warned by the ref about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Floyd held quite a bit on the inside. And he did struggle at times there as well, especially against the ropes.
          Agreed. I thought floyd "took off" too much. He didnt really fight 6,8, 9 rounds and then he kept staying in the corner allowing miguel to utilize his size. I guess that was the gameplan. Didn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            Well what did these guys do at 35? Pernell lost to Tito, Sugar lost to Norris, Hearns lost to Barkley, Floyd beat Cotto...
            there you go fellas.floyd is 35 damn years old HE ISNT PRIME at 35 these other atg's were losing and losing bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Hey, is Snow gonna tone that sweet firecrotch up or what??
              LLS great question cause I was wondering the samething. I loved it when she was shaking it on him and he was scared to do something with her!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                Agreed. I thought floyd "took off" too much. He didnt really fight 6,8, 9 rounds and then he kept staying in the corner allowing miguel to utilize his size. I guess that was the gameplan. Didn't make sense to me.
                It wasn't the gameplan. It's called age. And Floyd felt it, which is why - even after a dominating performance, he just didn't feel all too pleased with himself afterward.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
                  I agree it's not a prime Floyd and made some stipulations in later posts. I would however state that Mayweather though not as great as his best has not lost as much as many may think. His foot speed has slowed a bit but he has maintained greatly. I think most people see him having a tough fight against Miguel and use this as evidence to him being 8 steps back from his prime. Is Castillo in a P4p sense that much better than Cotto? Floyd in his prime had a tough fight there as well. In regards to Age which is still a factor I do think that the modern athlete ages far better than the fighters of 30 or even 10 years ago but keep in mind I did make a correction in my thinking and went back to a younger 147 floyd
                  Castillo fight was Floyd moving up in weight also. Floyd was giving up 13 pounds to Castillo in their first fight. That is A LOT of weight to give up at lightweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    You might want to see two men hug each other, I don't it is against the rules.

Floyd was doing the holding, he needed a rest.
                    Boxing is not for you , you dont understand it go back to WWE where you belong , you can hate all you want there because its all BS .

Comment

• Hey Bojangles you already know how the season for Game of Thrones is going to play out?

Comment

Working...
                      X