Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
    again, asking for a catchweight does not equal being drained
    the advantage is to either lower some muscle mass or weight that can be gained after the weigh in, if you're lucky the guy will be drained, but from the post i gave you, how can you say cotto was drained when cotto who is known for low stamina went at it with pacquiao at such a high pace for 7-8 rounds? that's same rounds cotto usually turns and runs anyway, if anything cotto was in better shape than usual, he did say the day before the fight he felt very good and very fast, but people quickly forget that, and it's to the latest quote along with the mayweather hype about him being undefeated, jesus

was hopkins drained vs pavlik or hoya?
    was martinez drained vs williams II?
    was whitaker weight drained vs chavez?
    Cotto threw more punches in the Mosley, Clottey and Margarito fights.

Comment

• agree...they r so biased floyd looked alot bigger than his last fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Like i said in a previous post Hatton tried to move up and struggled against an average WW. He had nowhere to go, he moved back down went life and death with Urango fought a shot Castillo and then went for the money fight with Mayweather, went back down almost got KO'd by a journeyman in Lazcano and then chose to fight feather fisted Malignaggi hardly impressive.
        You also forgot the fact that he looked good against Callazo.. The same guy that actually thought beat Berto.. You are choosing fights that he had problems with, and yet ignoring those good fights that he had won convincingly in that period of time.. So just you could prove your point...Malignaggi was freakin' impressive considering that Malignaggi was also impressive against Cherry, Cotto and Ndou..
        Last edited by mikemurni; 05-07-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• cotto beat the ***** out of floyd mayweather

ive never seen anyone else legitly do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Corrales was drained and also had a prison sentence hanging over his head so his mind wouldn't have been fully on Mayweather.
            So you are telling me now that Floyd's best fight was actually tarnished then..lol

Comment

• Floyd reminds me of Ali

I know I'll get some abuse for this but hear me out..!

Neither fighter was known for power but there is something similar to the change in style as Floyd gets into his twilight yrs. The last 2 fights I've noticed Floyd is concentrating on power alot more, to compensate for his slowing agility as he gets older. It really reminds me of Ali when he was fighting in the mid 70s, he relied more and more on his ring savvy and loading up shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                You also forgot the fact that he looked good against Callazo.. The same guy that actually thought beat Berto.. You are choosing fights that he had problems with, and yet ignoring those good fights that he had in that time.. So just you could prove your point...Malignaggi was freakin' impressive considering that Malignaggi was also impressive against Cotto and Ndou..
                Looked good? He looked terrible a lot of people thought he lost the damn fight. LOL

Comment

• Cotto looked way thicker imo...flotd us just more cut makes him look bigger but If u look closely may is really small

Comment

• yeah ali after 1978
                    but floyd has never been as good as ali 1962-1967, 1974

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      No he fought oscar at 147. they drained cotto to 145 because it would be physically advantagous. if your fighting for the championship you fight at the damn weight or keep youre ***** ass at a lower weight class.
                      So what about all the catchweight fights listed in the other posts? Do you feel the same about them? Also, Oscar is bigger than Cotto so the compromise isn't going to be the same. Pac only came in at 142 against Oscar and that was his highest ever weight at the time, so it's understandable there'd be a catchweight when he's fighting a wrecking ball like Cotto at weight he's never fought at.

Comment

Working...
                      X