No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    Cotto gassed and started back peddling in the Mosley, Clottey & Margarito fights too so to say it was down to pace of the Pacquiao fight is just complete bollocks.
    so what exactly is ur point?

cotto was in great shape vs pacquiao, because the pace he fought there was definitely much more than the pace he fought vs margarito, mosley or clottey

AND he still only started to run in the 7-8th

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
      first of all im not like you who mouths off about things you havent got a clue...

second of all, say something no one already knows instead of copying other posts....

lastly, stop making **** excuses, if youre gonna make em, be a lil bit clever about it....
      Copying others posts? Maybe they just see what is plain as day to see. Say something no one already knows? If you know that Cotto is better conditioned and stronger at 154 why the hell are you arguing that he was better at 147 (145)? Your reasoning that Cotto was better at 147 is that he achieved more, no **** Sherlock he had more fights there. Like i said go watch Cotto's fights instead of looking at boxrec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        He didnt say he was fine afterwards , he said quote " I will never sacrifice my body like that again " now on top of that look at the fights in relation to stamina power and speed , its dam obvious he is so much better at 154 than 145 .

Lets see Pac make 130 he had more fights there than 147 , your analogy dont mean anything because they change with time , Cotto is much better at 154 , Pac knows it because he refused to fight him there .
        Cotto never fought at 154 before fighting Pac, if he was coming down or even struggling to make weight you'd have a point, but he weighed 146 against Clottey, you explain to me why a guy who can't perform because of weight issues is weighing in at 146 when the limit is 147.

Cotto faded against Floyd anyway, he's never had stamina, as for his fight with Pac, Manny beat the fight out of him in the first 4-5 rounds from then on it as about survival, Floyd doesn't do that, he didn't hurt Cotto so he kept coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
          You mean 144 if you're comparing him now and when he fought Manny.
          You meant cotto was 145 fighting manny and before that, cotto fought clottey at 146. Got it..

btw he rehydrated to 160 while pac stayed at 149 fight night.
          Last edited by Mirage MGM; 05-07-2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
            I don't think it is BS. Because they do record the fight night weigh in as well. But they don't have to show it to the public. So why would he lie about it? If they wanted to they could tell you the exact weight they were at during the fight. His fight vs Oscar the same exact thing happened. Oscar went up to 165 and Floyd went back down to 147-148. I remember in the weigh in prediction I told all of you that Floyd would come in at maybe 151 and go back down to 147 or 148 because he is naturally at that weight. He probably had a lot of water in him at the weigh in the night before the fight.
            why would he lie about it?...so that he can brag he beat the bigger man..

also, floyd is a complusive liar...everyone knows that ...he's a walking contradiction...he does'nt even remember his own lies

he lies too much he stutters like a moffoka in each interview...

Comment

• Miguel looked to be the bigger and stronger man throughout, which makes sense seing as he was.

Floyd looked a few lbs bigger than he normally does, but nothing more that that. I'd guess around 152. Miguel looked about 160, he's not as wide from the back as Mayweather as he's not as well built, but he's a lot thicker.

Comment

• I said he would and he did, Cotto looks soft. But Cotto definitely improved his stamina.

Comment

• [

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  Cotto never fought at 154 before fighting Pac, if he was coming down or even struggling to make weight you'd have a point, but he weighed 146 against Clottey, you explain to me why a guy who can't perform because of weight issues is weighing in at 146 when the limit is 147.

Cotto faded against Floyd anyway, he's never had stamina, as for his fight with Pac, Manny beat the fight out of him in the first 4-5 rounds from then on it as about survival, Floyd doesn't do that, he didn't hurt Cotto so he kept coming.
                  He said He would never sacrifice his body like that again , what does that tell you about being forced to make 145 in his 147 division ?

Cotto had lots more power and Stamina at 154 we all seen it , except fanboy kids , let see Manny fight him there if he is worse than at 145 , its Mannys advantage again to fight the slower tiring Cotto , lol Manny DUCKED him you idiot , twice now without his BS CWs or it was no fight .

Comment

• Black fighters always look bigger because of their natural muscularity , the scales tell the truth though .

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                      I don't think it is BS. Because they do record the fight night weigh in as well. But they don't have to show it to the public. So why would he lie about it? If they wanted to they could tell you the exact weight they were at during the fight. His fight vs Oscar the same exact thing happened. Oscar went up to 165 and Floyd went back down to 147-148. I remember in the weigh in prediction I told all of you that Floyd would come in at maybe 151 and go back down to 147 or 148 because he is naturally at that weight. He probably had a lot of water in him at the weigh in the night before the fight.
                      dude, he knows it's not going to be made public

it's like the pacquiao "take the test" sht, everyone including floyd knows that's not an issue anymore, but what does he do?

he feeds the casuals, uhh, i was 147, i had a broken hand, i was sick....yada, yada

but i dont bad mouth or say sht about those excuses, because he's a fighter, they all use'em, and what most people dont realise, an excuse is very helpful for a boxer and i think essential, harping it to the public is another thing
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-07-2012, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X