Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAyweather looked bigger but maybe it was because he looked more cut up than cotto... Need to watch the fight again... Don't believe he lost 4 pounds though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
      I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran
      I am at a loss for words. I consider Floyd an ATG, and thought most people did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
        for those of you who thought cotto lost, watch it again in slow motion.

at 16x or more slower, that's when cotto starts winning the fight.

you say your player doesn't go that slow?

well that ain't cotto's fault, is it?

Comment

• I'm a Cotto fan but he won AT MOST... 4 rounds... Mayweather won.

Comment

• I've lost some repsect for Cotto. After storming out of the ring, and than claiming he was robbed or thought he won??? Get outta here.

He won 2-3 rounds, 4 at the very very most.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              he should do a 50 50 split ....
              FYI Ricardo Lopez is 51-0-1

Comment

• He probably believed the fight was closer than what the judges scored. I think he knew he lost.... When the bell rang he wasn't celebrating or anything.

Comment

• Well....now we have a reasonably recent shared opponent for $ and Pac

I was thrilled this fight came off.

I have been waiting for Pac and Money to have a LEGIT shared opponent who wasnt in their 40's, on the back end of their career, or freakishy overmatched.

Cotto provided that for me.

Now I get to go watch how both men dealt with the same fighter.

I can honestly compare speed, technique, punching power, ring generalship.

Obviously the strategy when/if they ever face each other will be different, but I am PUMPED to finally have a sounding board to rate strengths and weaknesses.

SO THAT BEING SAID, based on what you saw last night and what you saw back in Pac fought Cotto.....

Who do you see having the edge in the various boxing catagories?
                  Has your opinion changed in any regard based on the performances of each fighter aganst Cotto?

You have seen both men against a solid jr middle. What stood out to you? What will make the biggest difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    *******s accusing Mayweather of getting gift decisions....
                    I love your sigs quotes lol.
                    Originally posted by Burning Phoenix View Post
                    I'm a Cotto fan but he won AT MOST... 4 rounds... Mayweather won.
                    Well said. I only wish Pac-fans will be as humble and classy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
                      I am a big fan of Mayweathers skill but have to ask what would it have looked like having a prime Sugar Ray Leanard, Pernell Whitaker, or Tommy hearns in the ring fighting cotto? Though Floyd is indeed a great I believe there is a separation between him and some of the ATG. I can't imagine the beating the above mentioned would have administered to a really good fighter in Cotto. Floyd is a great as well but I can't see him in a p4p sense fighting a prime Roberto Duran

That wasn't a prime Floyd, and it wasn't a prime Cotto.

Mentioning 3 ATG in their respected primes isn't really a fair comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X