Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those of you who thought cotto lost, watch it again in slow motion.

at 16x or more slower, that's when cotto starts winning the fight.

you say your player doesn't go that slow?

well that ain't cotto's fault, is it?

Comment

• floyd obviously won. I thought cotto won 4 rounds, maybe you could give him 5, but that's it. Cotto faded late in the fight and floyd took over in the championship rounds. If cotto didn't fade, maybe he could have pulled it off but there are no "ifs" in boxing.

I can maybe see how someone there live thought cotto won, at some bad angle and far away. All you see is aggression and you can't see the details of that aggression. But on TV it's perfectly clear who won.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
        No, Castillo hit Floyd more in their first fight. On a side note, Cotto was getting punished.
        When was the last time you saw Floyd with blood smeared all over his face? I had it 7-5....it wasn't one-sided by any means

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Well said, x2
          I think a draw would of have been a fair decision. Cotto was the champ alot of those round were very close and cotto should of gotten the benefit of doubt. You have to beat the champ you have take it from him which Floyd did not do. But it is what it is. I can't complain.it was a good fight and cotto made him look bad. Another thing is everyone is so obsessed with Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight that they forgot about cotto. Floyd looked very worried to me.

Comment

• Age catching up to Floyd a bit?

Even though he won outright against Cotto, it just felt like age has finally touched Floyd a bit. I went back and watched some vintage Floyd on YouTube, and it seems like he isn't exactly the same today. His skill set alone will keep him on top of the world, but age is clearly coming into play.

Comment

• Hold up. Cotto's silence is a sign of protest because he thought he won the fight?

http://www.elnuevodia.com/aterrizami...o-1251393.html

Wearing a hat and dark glasses, the boxer Miguel Cotto landed at the airport Muñiz Base on a private flight from Las Vegas, Nevada at about 7:34 pm
              Cotto, whom he noticed his left eye swollen, arrived with his family and staff. His trainer Pedro Luis Diaz, was not in flight.

The boxer had no comment and quickly boarded one of four black babies arrived.

"We disagree with the decision taken by the judges and that's basically our position," said Bryan Perez, a friend and spokesman for the boxer.

"Later this week, we'll make a little conversation with the press to express his feelings that he" said.

Meanwhile, Gabriel Penagaricano, his legal adviser, said the silence is because "is a protest. He is very good. He made a great fight I think he won and there is a disagreement with the decision of the judges but must be respected, but the decision does not reflect what happened there. "

The Puerto Rican boxer was defeated by Floyd Mayweather Jr. last night by unanimous decision in a bout that lasted twelve rounds at the MGM Grand in Sin City.

Mayweather Jr. commended the work of Puerto Rican boxer, while Cotto issued a terse statement via Twitter, and who did not attend the press conference, which held that respects the decision of the judges but strongly disagrees with the result.

Comment

• More than likely within a week it will be posted.on here or just check fighthype periodically

Comment

• well, he doesn't really use his legs anymore and hasn't his last few fights. I don't know if that's age or just him wanting to fight this way or a bit of both. That's the main thing I notice.

Comment

• He'll get over it

Comment

• Originally posted by Boricua78 View Post
                      I think a draw would of have been a fair decision. Cotto was the champ alot of those round were very close and cotto should of gotten the benefit of doubt. You have to beat the champ you have take it from him which Floyd did not do. But ioadedt is what it is. I can't complain.it was a good fight and cotto made him look bad. Another thing is everyone is so obsessed with Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight that they forgot about cotto. Floyd looked very worried to me.
                      Loadedwraps this wasn't meant for you it just that I don't know which reply to hit. Reply or quick reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X