Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched it in a bar so I could barely hear the commentating. I thought Lederman's scorecard was pretty accurate. I had it 10-2 Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piper the Great View Post
      The commentating was very one sided for example.. "Mayweather misses with a great left hook" (Jim Lampley). Since when is a missed punch great. There was also a round where Cotto was clearly getting the best of Mayweather yet they show a Mayweather punch between rounds. As I watched the fight I was like no way in hell Floyd landed that many punches. I know he fast but I seen Cotto blocking & slipping most of them. They showed Cotto no love last night and the cards was even worse.
      there was like 7 unanswered punchs in the 11th i think and they totally ignored it. there always biased for the favored fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        No, BoxNation was extremely biased. It was painful to listen to.
        This.......................

Comment

• Justin Bieber ‏ "@FloydMayweather Hard Work & Dedication . congrats champ. glad i could be a part of it"
          Last edited by Discipline; 05-06-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Let's get all the pics of Mayweather and his entourage last night [Pics]

Here's a few that I found. Will update with the ones you guys find.

(Still trying to find one that has 50 Cent, HHH, Justin Bieber, and Mayweather in one)

Anymore pics of Floyd with people in the crowd (Lil Wayne)?

(please don't merge to sticky as it's not about Cotto)

Comment

• I agree there was bias in favor of Mayweather. Perhaps it was not a conscious decision. But maybe it was as they have a stake in a Mayweather-Pacquiao matchup or are just trying to be "fair" to Floyd - who always complains about HBO commentators.

I saw the fight in the theaters. A few people were oooing' and moaing' after the first two rounds, after they saw Lederman's card having Mayweather 10-9 in both rounds. They thought Cotto won em' but then again they're not close followers of Boxing.

Every time there was a Cotto flurry, they made sure to let us know that Cotto missed all of those punches, even though one got in there plenty of times.

And why o' why was there no hype previews of the fight all card long? Not one highlight video or segment about Mayweather/Cotto once the fights started. Me and my friends (who don't watch Boxing) came in just when the fights started and they needed the Hype video to get them into the main event, and it never came. Horrible telecast.

Comment

• No GIFS of all those amazing jabs Cotto landed?

Comment

• Cottos done pretty great despite fighting a prime Pac a tough Clottey and a loaded prime Margarito. Ofcourse after fighting so many battles and being hurt with plaster and moving up in weight he would never be the same fighter he was 5 years ago.

Floyd Mayweather didn't fight him at 147 before Cotto got beat and the same goes when Mayweather fought Ortiz, Mitchell. He fought guys that were old and got knocked out. Mayweather waited for Cotto too slow down and Cotto isn't nearly now the same fresh fighter like he was before. Cotto was more like Canelo Alvarez in the sense that he wasn't just good his body was still strong. But I guaranteed if Mayweather continues fighting at this pace against strong fighters with out resting a year or two he too would get soften up. If he would've done this by now he would've been knocked out.

Think about it, Mayweather had face beaten up, imagine if after that just 5 month going against a prime loaded Margarito, afterwards Clottey than Pacquiao. None of these fighter were broken down or old. Cotto fought tough fighters one after another with very little rest in between, Mayweather wouldn't be able to keep that up he's record is tainted with boxers that used to be something, but slow down considerably. Fighting guys in different weights after they got knocked out a couple of times is not the same.
                  But would he fight a young tough "lion"? May be after the young "Lion" got shot and is wounded

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    Not really. Floyd's defense was there, I didn't see him taking much shots. I actually grinned every time the crowd went crazy at a Cotto flurry, because I knew the slow motion replay was gonna show that none of them even grazed Mayweather. Which was the case in most of the replays. Cotto did get Mayweather with some good jabs though. But a lot of flurries from Cotto had nothing on them.

The bloody nose is Cotto's power, not Cotto repeatedly hitting the nose.
                    People are totally ignoring the difference the weight made , this Cotto had more speed ,more power , more stamina , more resistance , and was as hungry as hell , he was a much better version and Pac ducked this version .

Its all relative !

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      No, BoxNation was extremely biased. It was painful to listen to.
                      The commentators for BoxNation were horribly biased for Mayweather SMH. The guy back at the studio acknowledged this much in oher words.

Comment

Working...
                      X