• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're an idiot.

Terrible thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sociopath View Post
      Must have counted the crowds' cheering and the punches that Floyd slipped, ducked and blocked as LANDED punches for Cotto.

In other words, an idiot who doesn't know how to score a fight.
      I wouldn't expect to get such people on a boxing forum unless they watched a poor quality stream anyone who thinks Mayweather lost should be in a mental health institution.

Comment

• Pacquiao-Cotto/Mayweather-Cotto Compubox Comparison

Don't know how long this will last before getting deleted, but here you go.

Pacquiao vs Cotto:

Pacquiao:
        Total Punches: 336/780 [43%]
        Jabs: 60/220 [27%]
        Power Punches: 276/560 [49%]

Cotto:
        Total Punches: 172/597 [29%]
        Jabs: 79/297 [27%]
        Power Punches: 93/300 [31%]

Mayweather vs Cotto:

Mayweather:
        Total Punches: 179 of 687 [26%]
        Jabs: 51/305 [17%]
        Power Punches: 128/382 [34%]

Cotto:
        Total Punches: 105/506[21%]
        Jabs: 30/177
        Power Punches: 75/329 [23%]

Pacquiao: Better offensive showing against Cotto.
        Mayweather: Better defense/elusiveness against Cotto.

Mayweather-Cotto Compubox numbers source:

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...as_domina.html

Comment

• I think Mayweather is losing his legs...... he took a lot of shots from Cotto....

Comment

• yes, struggling to defeat + getting a bloodied nose from pac's leftovers proves floyd is #1 p4p lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
              Its pretty clear after last night that Cotto's skills just aren't what they used to be. While brave and determined, he was no match for Floyd Mayweather. Ten years ago, things might have been different. But, age affects all fighters differently. Cotto will make a wonderfully entertaining journeyman and ambassador for the sport.

And kudos to team Mayweather for having the sense to wait until Cotto's skills were in decline to fight him. This is standard operating procedure for Mayweather and it was a smart move for the money. Now waiting for Mannie to get old is another story since Floyd's age is the factor between them. I suspect Floyd will continue to dodge Mannie in the same way he dodged Kostya Tszyu. In short the fight between Mannie and Floyd will never happen.

Comment

• Comment

• Because his only losses came at the hands of the 2 best fighters in the world and a guy who was probably cheating?

Comment

• Boxing world reaction to Mayweather Jr vs Cotto - tweets, etc...

Andre Ward "the main event was a great fight!"

Ricky Hatton "Floyd 8rds to 2. Sent the wrong score before. I'd say 7-3. Great effort from cotto, warrior,floyd for me though. I thought mayweather won, no doubt, but cotto pushed him hard.very hard.if paquiou fight isn't made,who's left for floyd?hes wholloped." - http://twitter.com/#!/realrickyhatton

Nonito Donaire "Man, I was on point with the winners tonight. Ill catch the replays on another day."

Paulie Malinaggi "Like to give a shout to @floydmayweather and @RealMiguelCotto that was a great fight. #respect #tk"

Antonio Tarver "@FloydMayweather Happy Cinco De Mayo you got my 59.99 wish I could've been there, but it's too close to June 2 LA."

Abner Mares "It was a great night of boxing tonight .. Had a lot of fun but is time to call it a night, can't wait to start training next week."

Amir Khan "Good night of boxing."

Zab Judah "good fight floyd stepped up"

Andre Berto "Great fight!!!!!! Hell of a fight"

Peter Quillin (aka Kid Chocolate) "Good ****ing fight!" - http://twitter.com/#!/KIDCHOCOLATE

Paul Smith Jnr "118-113 Floyd Mayweather. Great match up. Mayweather unbelievably classy and sharp!"

Juan Diaz "Great fight for boxing fans congrats to @FloydMayweather and @RealMiguelCotto both fighters did a great job"

Brian Campbell ESPN "Tonight was an outstanding success for the sport. We are going to miss Mayweather huge when he is gone."

Eddie Chambers "I have 116-112 for Floyd.. Great fight. Cotto must KO for the win. I have Floyd winning in a exciting fight! This Fight is exciting!! Floyd Defense is Amazing!!"

Lou Di Bella "Scorecards were right on. Great performance by Money. Great losing effort by tremendous Puerto Rican warrior. Fun to watch."

Kelly Swanson ‏"@FloydMayweather is great. Such a pro who puts in work 2 get job done. Love the hard work n dedication. Congrats 8 x world champ. #Money"

J'Leon Love ‏"#MayweatherCott put on a great one lastnight. It was cool kicking it with @50cent, @JustinBieber, @liltunechi and many more. #TheMoneyTeam"

Dan Rafael "@FloydMayweather My story on your victory. Congrats. Hard Work & Dedication.

Floyd with a huge 12th round. He wins fight on my card 116-112. This was a great fight. Floyd W12 Cotto, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111.

He earned this one big time and great showing from Cotto.

Floyd is doing the interview with Larry Merchant. Good for him."

ChrisEubankJr "Mayweather is a defensive grand-master & a pugilistic surgeon"

********** Celeb reactions *************

Tyrese "@FloydMayweather shout to Floyd 4proving again that he is the undisputed champ.! His humility in his post interviews made him a REAL CHAMP!"

Rihanna ‏"@FloydMayweather murda dem tomorrow"

Piers Morgan "Great fight. Battered, bloodied but brilliant @FloydMayweather - a true champion." http://twitter.com/#!/piersmorgan

Mario Lopez "Floyd's looping right was the difference tonight...Congrats Floyd. Close one.. Much love & respect to Cotto for an outstanding performance!"

Kevin Hart "Major shout out 2 the big homie @FloydMayweather he did his thing tonight, u have 2 give Cotto a lot of respect tho...he fought a good fight"

John Cusack ‏"Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter - and tonights fight was a masterful performance!"

Justin Bieber ‏ "@FloydMayweather Hard Work & Dedication . congrats champ. glad i could be a part of it"

Juicy J "Congrats 2 mayweather!"

Machinegun Kelly "Mayweather is the best fighter of our generation"

Kat Williams "AND the winner is............................................. FLOYD MAYWEATHER!!!"

Soulja Boy "mayweather swag"

JoJo "Beautiful fight!!!! Great job to both Mayweather & Cotto."

Immortal Tech "Mayweather by the points. The fight was good but Floyd outclassed him sorry"
                    Last edited by Discipline; 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      he did about the same as DLH still lost 8-4
                      Yeah, that's how i see it also. At most 8-4. I can't honestly give Miguel any more than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X