• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zab Judah: "I had seen Floyd yesterday and he told me he’s finished."

Geoffrey Ciani
    February 1, 2011
    On the Ropes Boxing Radio

[IMG]http://64.19.142.12/www.**********boxingradio.com/images/zabjudag_otr110.jpg[/IMG]

This week’s 110th edition of On the Ropes Boxing Radio featured an exclusive interview with former two-division world champion Zab Judah (40-6, 27 KOs), who spoke about his upcoming fight, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, and more! Here is some of what he had to say:

On whether he believes we will ever see Floyd Mayweather Junior return to the ring given his recent troubles outside the ring:

“(laughs) That’s funny. I had seen Floyd yesterday and asked, Are you going to get back in there?’ Mayweather told me he’s finished. He said he was just going to chill. He’s thinking about taking a two year break and I mean listen. The man worked hard for a long time. He maintained an undefeated record and he maintained a great position in the game of boxing. Well I look at that like, ‘Listen champ, you’re going to lay off and I’m going to pick up’ and that’s it. He’s going to fall back. We’re going to pick up the marbles and keep it moving. That’s it.”

His views on Manny Pacquiao as a fighter:

“I think it will be a great fight. I think that will be great. Pac-Man right now, he’s got the game by storm right now. He’s got the world’s eyes. Pacquiao’s got the world’s attention. Bob Arum put together a great strategy plan for him as a promoter. He went in there and picked the right fights and the right designed things for him, and he’s moving on and starting to fill the fantasies. Right now he’s got the game on lock, Pacquiao.

His views on the upcoming fight between Pacquiao and Shane Mosley:

“I mean hey, it’s a boxing match. The man who works the hardest, the man with the better skills, it’s going to pay off. It’s definitely going to be a good fight. I think this Kaizer Mabuza-Zab Judah fight is going to be worth the world checking out. You’re going to get to see. I mean I got a new pair of legs guys. My defense is, oh my God! It’s going to be fun guys. I just don’t want anyone to miss it. You got to understand I’m far from cocky. I’m a very modest humble person, but my confidence is through the roof right now. I got one person to blame for that, my trainer Pernell Whitaker. You know what I’m saying. He came in there and he just showed me a lot of great things and reminded me. For those of ya’ll who remember Pernell Whitaker, he was no joke. I mean he was one of the baddest defensive fighters in the world. So with that coming into my party now, I think we’re going to have some fun guys.”

On how he feels he would fare in a fight against Pacquiao:

“I don’t know. It would be an interesting fight because we’re both left-handed. But after Kaizer Mabuza I can make more elaborations on that because my style right now is not focused on left-handers. My style is focused on fighting right-handers, coming forward, throwing a lot of punches, and working his butt off. So that’s the kind of style I’m working on breaking down right now.”

wifebeater jr is a coward. he don't want none of pac.

Comment

If true that's a shame. Would love to see him fight Pac or Martinez someday.

Comment

"I mean I got a new pair of legs guys"

Comment

The Pusszy boy chicken gayweather!

Comment

two years are you serious?!?!?!?!

Comment

I bet you he's coming back to fight Pacquiao after the Mosley fight.

That's unless, Arum has an opponent secured for Pacquiao already, like he did with Clottey and Margarito.

Comment

I guess he figures Pac will be retired in 2 years and it will be safe to come out from the mansion.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I bet you he's coming back to fight Pacquiao after the Mosley fight.

That's unless, Arum has an opponent secured for Pacquiao already, like he did with Clottey and Margarito.
                  Gayweather has a better chance of a rematch with Josie than setping in the ring with Pac.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X