Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you still a fan of Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was never a huge fan anyway,hes overrated and his trainer is as ******ed as devon sounds,and his team set up for the duck of khan before he even fought bradley,not that it matters now,but that pissed me off

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
      Why ask this question? I'm sure you were still a fan after Prescott dropped Amir in one round.
      Good point anyone can have an off night you think Wazza of all people would understand that.

Comment

the kid has no boxing brain,his trainer isnt helping him much either.

and worse thing is,he doesnt have enough heart and determination to become better and rumble with the best.

when the fight stopped,from the clash,its very clear that bradley clashed into alexanders left side and did not make the right cut any worse.

the only thing i can think is that more blood just dripped into his eye,and he wasnt tough enough to want to carry on for 2 more rounds in a close fight.

he could easily open both eyes after the clash,he has no tactical smarts or toughness like bradley has.

Bradley is good,but not special,however bradley does have that toughness to not give up and determination to win,thats why he won that fight.

Comment

never liked him.

he's overrated. I wish he fought Maidana because Maidana would Knock him the **** out, and rightfully so since Maidana is better then him.

Comment

Mentally he is just like Zab. Kid has talent but he is dumb as rocks, and has no ability to handle adversity. Kotelnik really exposed that, and I think that's why Don King went ahead and pushed the fight with Bradley.

King knew if he waited a lesser fighter could of beaten Alexander.

Comment

You just can't give up on a 23 year old with Alexander's talent. He needs a serious change in his career, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

Comment

Ive seen him fight live twice. I like him, although I was picking Bradley.

Timmy was right; Devon simply wasn't ready for a fight like this. They should have waited another year or so.

He'll get the hunger to bounce back or lose his confidence and fade away like so many others. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  GTFOH! You have been ****ting on alexander all day...correct me if im wrong but not that long ago you were saying alexander is the best fighter in the division, after the urango fight you jumped on the bandwagon like everyone else. Kid has got a lot of talent, losing to bradley does not mean you suck, especially when he was competitive. The stoppage was a ***** move but im sure he'l learn from the whole experience, he was not ready for a bradley plain and simple I said this before the fight, his people thought he was better than what he is and in turn so did devon himself. If he doesn't let this ruin him mentally than he can easily improve and come back.

Stick to what you know which is cheer leading for khan...your good at that.
                  . Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon a day after the Urango fight just to get off it a week later after I rewatched the fight.

Alexander is delusional and one dimensional. You don't talk **** about other boxers skills (Bradley, Khan) when you fight like that. Simple as that. I mean he can't even throw proper punches. I do think he is better than Maidana though. Maidana is a bum.

Comment

Alexander is not that good and certainly not as good as he thought he was and with Bradley he bit off more than he could chew. But I will say this for him. He has guts,he went for it and avoided the cherry picking soft touch fights which with retrospect after the Kotelnik flop would have been wise policy. He deserves respect for that. He lost to a top fighter that would beat all the other LWWs other than Khan.

Comment

I was never a huge fan, but don't dislike him either... I do think he quit in the Bradley fight, I dont care how tough it gets in there.. if you can physically continue, then you continue, and I personally felt he could... but thats neither here nor there... I still respect his talents... he is still a top fighter in the division, and still gives anyone problems.

But he has a lot to learn and he needs some adjustments to be made.

Comment

Working...
                      X