No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Not Concerned With Pacquiao-Mosley Going Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
    I dont think HBO is concerned one bit and they shouldnt be. HBO doesnt want to front Mosley vs Pac because Mosley has lost his last 2 PPV fights on HBO. If they front this fight it will be his third lost, and they cant do that. HBO has a reputation to hold up and they dont want to ruin just cuz some pac fans say so. Mayweather is an HBO fighter if he fights Pac, it will be on HBO...
    This is why I think people should have to get licenses before they're allowed to breed.

You honestly think HBO didn't want Pacquiao-Mosley? After the 'boycotted' Pac-Margarito did 1.2 mil buys and Manny has averaged 2 million PPV buys for HBO the previous 3 years? But they turned down another million PPV bonanza because Shane would have another 'lost'?

Honestly?
    Last edited by ThePrince; 01-30-2011, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      This is not a megafight hbo does not care better fights will be made
      I agree.

They got Bradley-Alexander II in the works.

Comment

manny will be back on hbo, i think thats what theyre trying to say. hopefully, hbo can make some good fights happen at the end of 2011...but we'll just see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          This is why I think people should have to get licenses before they're allowed to breed.You honestly think HBO didn't want Pacquiao-Mosley? After the 'boycotted' Pac-Margarito did 1.2 mil buys and Manny has averaged 2 million PPV buys for HBO the previous 3 years? But they turned down another million PPV bonanza because Shane would have another 'lost'?

Honestly?
          let me repeat myself, this time slowly so you can understand me. MOSLEY and i repeat MOSLEY has lost his last 2 consec fights on HBO PPV. They can not front Mosley vs Pac so Mosley can lose 3 times, just because of Manny PPV average, or what he did with Margarito. It has nothing to do with Manny, its principles. If u just want to see Manny vs Mosley just beecause of Mannys PPV average then hell, lets bring back tyson and evander so they can do a part 3. lol...FOOL

Comment

somebody has got got to bring alfredo angulo back. bunch of b s. there was never a problem until he asked for a little more money. hell knock cotto out i bet

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
              let me repeat myself, this time slowly so you can understand me. MOSLEY and i repeat MOSLEY has lost his last 2 consec fights on HBO PPV. They can not front Mosley vs Pac so Mosley can lose 3 times, just because of Manny PPV average, or what he did with Margarito. It has nothing to do with Manny, its principles. If u just want to see Manny vs Mosley just beecause of Mannys PPV average then hell, lets bring back tyson and evander so they can do a part 3. lol...FOOL
              You are as dense as they come. You're saying that a business entity like HBO is going to take a principle stand against the guy bringing them millions of dollars at least twice a year because Mosley lost on HBO PPV? You are a ****ing idiot if you believe that. How many times did DLH lose on HBO PPV... why didn't they turn him down for a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight?

You must have some chromosomes missing if you really think HBO turned down any Pacquiao fight, especially when they just brought in 2 million PPV buys last year with Clottey and Margarito... but they're going to turn down Mosley?

Slap yourself.

CBS/Showtime made an offer Arum couldn't refuse and HBO's 'taking sides' against Cotto was the catalyst (or maybe scapegoat) for the monster deal.
              Last edited by ThePrince; 01-30-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                last time i checked. mayweather is the biggest client. and he's with HBO.
                Check again. For the last three years, HBO has made more money with Pacquiao annually than with floyd. Who's the moneymaker then?

Comment

Huh?

he's on vacation. and when he fights the interval is more than a year.

No fight no Revenue for HBO

Comment

yeah sure, any dimwit can say he's not concerned.
                    and why would hbo tell the world that they are worried??!
                    if pac-sheane does anything closer to oscar-may.....everybody will jump off hbo.
                    greenburg has money may anyway....where is he by the way?? LOL

Comment

last time i checked floyd is not fighting...that means no revenue for the past year for HBO from mayweather...

Comment

Working...
                      X