No announcement yet.

Why Bradley beats Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Bradley beats Khan?

It seems a lot of people expect Khan to defeat Bradley, easily. Which, I find hilarious considering the fact that styles make fights. Timothy never looks good against southpaws, every orthodox boxer doesn't, in fact tell me when you've seen Khan fight a southpaw? Other than in sparring. Bradley thrives against orthodox opponents, that in which Khan is.

I think Bradley will defeat Khan and it is all based on the intangibles.

Khan's strongsuit over his last five fights, have been to throw punches in bunches, to overwhelm the opponent, and effectively make them quit or lead to an eventual knockout. At 140, he doesn't have that one punch knock out power, but he throws hurtful punches.

Bradley is one of the most elusive targets at 140. His head and foot movement is on par with some of the best, which will discourage Khan, and lead to a fall in his punch output. Bradley, is also a master at taking away his opponent's jab, something which we saw last night - Alexander's jab was no way near apparent as it was when he fought Kotelnik.

Khan is a come forward fighter. He struggles to fight on the backfoot and against the ropes. Bradley proved last night, and in his last 5 fights, that he can box yet also play the part of an aggressive fighter. He will be placing Khan on the back foot all night, making it difficult for Amir to get his punches off ...

Khan's defence at times can be abysmal. If Maidana was having some relative success with his slow-ass punchers, then Bradley's right, hooks and body punches will be landing, at will and all night. The overhand right will also be making a solid appearance.

Khan's chin is still suspect; even though he was able to make it past Maidana. Bradley is an underrated puncher. Last night, he made Alexander QUIT due to his hurtful punches, hooks and rights. There were times when Alexander was wincing in pain from the body punches, and those rights were tilting his head back. This is something we never saw Kotelnik do, which could mean in a way that Bradley punches harder. Didn't Kotelnik have Khan on the backfoot? Maybe that's something to think about.

Last night, Alexander spoilt the fight by holding. But be honest this took away one of Bradley's best attributes - inside fighting. Khan does not do well on the inside, nor is he a hugger or holder. Bradley will dismantle Khan from the inside.

Bradley's pull counter is one of the best in the game. Khan has yet to see one of these, and when it lands you'll be awfully surprised.

Ariza got Khan through his fight with Maidana; Ariza should be credited for that win, and helping him get through the 10th round on his feet. Now without one of the best strength and conditioning coachs' in the picture, how will this effect his performance in the upcoming fight?

Joel Diaz is also an underated trainer, his game plans have been on point ever since he started working with Bradley, and his corner advice is brilliant (something that Freddie Roach lacks in).

Lastly, a lot of people liken Bradley to Holyfield. Whereas, I see him as more towards Hopkins. Look at his last fights, he consistently takes away his opponent best weapon(s) plus he's a very smart fighter, and we all know about smart fighters don't we.

Bradley wins this, and I'll be surprised if it even comes close.

--------------------------------------

The opening round of Malinaggi vs Khan pretty much sums up how this fight will go.

The only difference is, Bradley will be landing hurtful punches and be aggressive consistently for 12 rounds.

Can Amir handle the heat?

Last edited by Walterson; 01-30-2011, 10:36 AM.

You've completely ignored/underestimated Khan's power. He dropped Maidana with a body shot and KO'd Salita early, Bradley is going to be eating a lot of those, does he have Maidana's chin? I'm sceptical.

From the US fighters, I do like Bradley though, he's not a disrespectful d1ckhead. Ditto Mosley and Taylor.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      You've completely ignored Khan's power. He dropped Maidana with a body shot and KO'd Salita early, Bradley is going to be eating a lot of those, does he have Maidana's chin? I'm sceptical.
      on point

also, khan will have a decent reach advantage to snap that jab from

Comment

IMO Khan is a lot better than Devon, Bradley will have a lot of problems with Khan. Bring on the summer, gonna be a hell of a fight.

Comment

50/50 fight and i cant wait for that one............

i like both fighters

Comment

It will be close but I think Bradley could take it, he has mad potential and is hard to hit, he will be able to catch khan clean more often then maidana from countering and also has the power to hurt khan and the skill to set up punches.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
              on point

also, khan will have a decent reach advantage to snap that jab from
              Not to mention the fact that Khan will be throwing fast and hard combinations unlike Alexander who snapped off a couple of pitty-patter punches before moving on, allowing Bradley to bullrush without fear.

It won't be an easy fight for Khan, but I feel he'll take a decision when they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                You've completely ignored/underestimated Khan's power. He dropped Maidana with a body shot and KO'd Salita early, Bradley is going to be eating a lot of those, does he have Maidana's chin? I'm sceptical.

From the US fighters, I do like Bradley though, he's not a disrespectful d1ckhead. Ditto Mosley and Taylor.
                How do the conditioning of Maidana and Saltia compare to that of Bradley?

Can Khan hit Bradley at will? Especially when he's one of the most elusive targets at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                  IMO Khan is a lot better than Devon, Bradley will have a lot of problems with Khan. Bring on the summer, gonna be a hell of a fight.
                  How do you suppose he'll have a lot of problems?

Comment

Providing Amir's conditioning does not decline due to the split with Ariza I see Khan taking this fight. His size and speed will be the critical difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X