No announcement yet.

Is miguel cotto one of the top5 fighters of his generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
    Was he that old? I thought Hatton beat him right after he KOd Tszyu but maybe I'm mistaking. Was it Jose Luis Lopez who had just beat Phillips I don't remember. Still a decent win though. But then again Hatton didn't beat him convincingly either so I'll admit that.
    its ok win. Cant be compared with what cotto did tho. Honestly do you think hatton wouldv beaten cotto

Comment

Cotto has a much better resume then Hatton lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
        its ok win. Cant be compared with what cotto did tho. Honestly do you think hatton wouldv beaten cotto
        I just admitted that I think Cotto would've beaten Hatton had they fought, but that doesn't mean that Cotto's resume is a whole lot better than Hatton's as far as quality of comp goes. Maussa was a bum but he had just KOd Vivian Harris when he had a title after all and Torres was a flash in the pan outside of his corrupt win over Holt. I'm just saying their resumes are at least comparable. Hatton unified the titles at 140 and just about every title Cotto won was vacant. Really when I dig deep, I find that Hatton's resume is better than Cotto's.

Comment

I just admitted that I think Cotto would've beaten Hatton had they fought, but that doesn't mean that Cotto's resume is a whole lot better than Hatton's as far as quality of comp goes. Maussa was a bum but he had just KOd Vivian Harris when he had a title after all and Torres was a flash in the pan outside of his corrupt win over Holt. I'm just saying their resumes are at least comparable. Hatton unified the titles at 140 and just about every title Cotto won was vacant. Really when I dig deep, I find that Hatton's resume is better than Cotto's.
          your alone on that. I was thinking you would maybe give me a decent post but i was right. Your a **** poster who happens to hate cotto

Comment

your alone on that. I was thinking you would maybe give me a decent post but i was right. Your a **** poster who happens to hate cotto
            If I was a shit poster I'd say Hatton would've beaten Cotto. But I didn't. I just said their resumes are about the same level. The Ricans overrate Cotto like the Brits did with Hatton. Only difference is, the Brits actually shut the fuck up about him being this great, elite fighter after Floyd and Pacquiao checked his chin. Cotto could lose to Mayorga in his next fight (Not saying I think that will happen) and his boyfriends would claim he still deserves to go to the Hall of Fame. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
              No, not in my opinion. Top Rank have done a great job in making him a star. He's a popular fighter, but overrated.
              cottos is one of the most underrated fighters right now. Top rank never shyed him away from a challenge which is weird because they always do that to their fighters. Cotto always fought the best lost to the #1 p4p and a cheat. Hes a very good fighter. Maybe even great, his careers not over and hes got one of the best trainers in the game on his side. Something he always lacked

Comment

I would say top 10 but I don't think he is top 5.

Comment

If I was a shit poster I'd say Hatton would've beaten Cotto. But I didn't. I just said their resumes are about the same level. The Ricans overrate Cotto like the Brits did with Hatton. Only difference is, the Brits actually shut the fuck up about him being this great, elite fighter after Floyd and Pacquiao checked his chin. Cotto could lose to Mayorga in his next fight (Not saying I think that will happen) and his boyfriends would claim he still deserves to go to the Hall of Fame. Lol.
                  Im not rican. And you dont have to be rican to see how good a fighter Cotto is. Hes always in great fights, hes good for the sport, and hes as classy as can be. Hes already a hall of famer imo, and hes not going to lose to mayorga

Comment

Im not rican. And you dont have to be rican to see how good a fighter Cotto is. Hes always in great fights, hes good for the sport, and hes as classy as can be. Hes already a hall of famer imo, and hes not going to lose to mayorga
                    I'll try to book mark this thread and bump it if Mayorga some how gets lucky and wins and I'll reply to your post again for laughs. Lol.

Comment

If I was to do a list I'd have guys like Glen Johnson, Bernard Hopkins, JMM, Andre Ward (If he wins the tournament), Margarito (duh since he beat Cotto and has wins over Martinez and beat Clottey more convincingly), all ranked over Cotto. And if Bradley was to beat Alexander and Khan he should be ranked over Cotto too. Froch is knocking on the door as well regardless of what people think about him. And having Cotto ranked over Floyd is ******ed regardless of Floyd ducking him. I may be generous enough to give Cotto top ten but that's where it ends. If you guys wanna overrate Cotto go ahead. But I just don't have a high opinion of him fighting guys like Gomez, Mayorga, Branco, and Malinaggi. And his best wins are controversial. Top five. Okay guys. Whatever floats ya boat.
                      Of course YOU would have "Margarito ranked above Cotto," regardless of the probability that he assaulted Cotto with plaster because YOU are a ridiculous Mexican. It's like being in the Twilight Zone with these people sometimes.

"Ju has no proof....Ju has no proof....Ju has no proof....Ju has no proof..." ~Mexican Mind control...

Comment

Working...
                      X