• Show
Clear All

• Maidana: "I like punishing arrogants like Floyd and Khan"

Maidana targets Mayweather
    "I like punishing arrogants like Floyd and Khan"
    "We know Floyd got himself out of the [Pac] fight"

By Cristian Gutierrez
    28 Jan 2011

Why is it that you made an aggressive comment about Amir Khan in the last few days?

Because almost one month after our fight in Las Vegas he is still mentioning me in the news. He said something like I had to come to my senses since I had asked a stupid number to face him at first. What a liar! I just asked what I deserved for a big fight like that. However, some got my comment wrong. I was not trying to push for a rematch with Amir since we all know he will never give it to me. That would be wasting time. And I never said that I had won the fight last December. I’m not a crying dog. I was just fed up with Khan’s kind of comments through which he thinks he rules the industry. I stand for the fighters’ right to earn good purses while Khan only tries to get everything for himself by diminishing his opponents. But let’s move on.

Freddie Roach commented that Manny Pacquiao against you would be such an explosive fight that would produce fireworks.

Well, I’m honored to hear that from Freddie. Manny is the best in the world. I admire him because he’s the kind of nice and quiet guy who then turns into a demon inside the ring. Obviously, I’d love to fight him but I’m more willing to fight loudmouth and arrogant boxers like Floyd Mayweather.

Would you move up in weight to fight Mayweather?

I’d jump on that right now. Without a blink of the eye. I don’t wanna sound arrogant myself ’cause that’s not my style. But Mayweather’s attitude pisses me off. He was so disrespectful with Pacquiao and then all we know is that he got himself out of the fight. I hate that attitude from him when he refers to other boxers like “who is this one or who has done that one” like he is the only champion of all time. I remember when he did that to Margarito and then he was disrespectful with my compatriot Carlos Baldomir.

But you never fought as a welterweight.

On Mayweather’s last bout he was nearly knocked out on his feet by Shane Mosley in the second round. That tells me that Mayweather could not take a solid punch from me. He is a better boxer than me, of course. But I’m a warrior, so the fight would not be a tactical one. I’d make it a war by stalking him until he falls.

On the other hand, it is being said that HBO wants you to match with the loser of next Saturday’s Alexander vs. Bradley fight.

Well, they are both great fighters. It is a very intriguing fight where either one can win. They are both skillful and solid champions. Of course, I’d like to face them. I really liked Bradley’s idea of doing a roundrobin tourney in which all the best 140 pounders face each other.

How about Juan Manuel Marquez or Erik Morales?

They are all great champions. I don’t think Morales could beat Marquez these days, though. But I’m a fighter and I know I have to be ready to face any of the big names out there if I want to succeed. But like I said before, at the top of my list is Floyd Mayweather.

http://bit.ly/hpwZpk

watch floyd duck maidana...................

Comment

Floyd would make Maidana look so shit.

Comment

Floyd is scared of Maidana's power, he'd have to run faster that Khan.

Comment

LOL hope this will not add floyds vacation

Comment

Mayweather would do a Gatti on him.

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
              watch floyd duck maidana...................

Comment

as much as what Maidana saying is true, Floyd would embarrass him. And why are Khan and Maidana still trading words? Khan went to his locker room and everything looked fine, should of said it right then and there.

EDIT: LoL @ him saying his punching power is too much for Mayweather, not only will he won't land any solid shots his punching power is minuscule compared to Mosley.
                Last edited by Phil Ivey; 01-29-2011, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Reading the thread title i was going to have a go at Madaina for sounding arrongant just for having one good round against Khan.

But having read the whole interview good on you Madiana. Yes fight the loudmouth Floyd and not Pac.

Comment

lol hes brainless.

Comment

Working...
                    X