No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola vs Samuel Peter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
    I think Arreola is a lot better than Peter.

Maybe I'm being unfair but I think Peter's achievement already have far outstripped his ability.
    That's very possible.

Peter-Arreola is a good way to find out.

Arreola-Tua and Arreola-Povetkin would also rock.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      That's very possible.

Peter-Arreola is a good way to find out.

Arreola-Tua
      and Arreola-Povetkin would also rock.
      No. Any fight involving Tua at this point would suck big Samoan balls.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
        No. Any fight involving Tua at this point would suck big Samoan balls.
        If he really is that done and it wasn't an injury, this is the best way to end his career.

And he has an eraser and Arreola aint hard to find.

Barret rematch seems pointless.

Comment

Peter has taken too much punishment from the K bros and should be regarded as damaged goods. Arreola is both faster and fresher now.

Comment

Whoever bothers to turn up in shape wins. In case that neither do, which is the most possible scenario, it's a toss-up at this point. At his best, Peter may have won, but his last loss was a tough one to overcome and reports have it that he has not.

Comment

I think Arreola is a lot better than Peter.

Maybe I'm being unfair but I think Peter's achievement already have far outstripped his ability.
              Neither fighter will ever be confused with Willie Pep, but I think Peter always had the better talent. His performance against Toney in the rematch really surprised me with how good it was. Excellent use of the jab, good ring generalship, well-timed combination attacks that mixed up body and head shots when he got Toney against the ropes, eye catching flurries towards the end of the rounds, etc. In short it was clear that Peter had worked on a gameplan and was sticking to it. Arreola on the other hand just bulls forward throwing sloppy horrible looking punches every fight in the hope that he eventually lands something.

If Peter isn't damaged goods from the Wlad fight (impossible to say at this point), and if his corner can devise a good gameplan for Arreola, then he'll win. Peter may be a stocky bloke but with the exception of the Chambers fight he's always trained hard for the big fights.

Comment

if cris keeps drinkin n eating ****, then he will never get near title shot again

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                  Neither fighter will ever be confused with Willie Pep, but I think Peter always had the better talent. His performance against Toney in the rematch really surprised me with how good it was. Excellent use of the jab, good ring generalship, well-timed combination attacks that mixed up body and head shots when he got Toney against the ropes, eye catching flurries towards the end of the rounds, etc. In short it was clear that Peter had worked on a gameplan and was sticking to it. Arreola on the other hand just bulls forward throwing sloppy horrible looking punches every fight in the hope that he eventually lands something.

If Peter isn't damaged goods from the Wlad fight (impossible to say at this point), and if his corner can devise a good gameplan for Arreola, then he'll win. Peter may be a stocky bloke but with the exception of the Chambers fight he's always trained hard for the big fights.
                  I've never been impressed by Peter. With Arreola he can put them together well especially when he has a guy going. Peter always just looks so spectacularly uncomplicated to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                    Whoever bothers to turn up in shape wins. In case that neither do, which is the most possible scenario, it's a toss-up at this point. At his best, Peter may have won, but his last loss was a tough one to overcome and reports have it that he has not.
                    Peter actually got into pretty good shape for all three Klit fights. Here's the weigh in photos for Vitali and the Wlad rematch (could find any pics for their first fight).

Arreola has repeatedly come into fights looking horrible. He lacks the discipline to come into good shape.
                    Last edited by nomadman; 01-29-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I've never been impressed by Peter. With Arreola he can put them together well especially when he has a guy going. Peter always just looks so spectacularly uncomplicated to me.
                      Sure, there's nothing complicated about Peter, but I think you're selling him short regarding his skill level, or vastly overrating Arreola's, whichever. Watch the second Toney fight and tell me you don't see the things I pointed out. He may have regressed since then, but there's no denying that on that night it was a pretty impressive showing from the big man. Arreola, on the other hand, has never shown more than a willingness to take and give a punch, and to keep coming forward. He's dangerous for those very reasons, but he's also one of the most predictable rhythm fighters I've ever seen, and one of the crudest.

Comment

Working...
                      X