No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman: A Promising Career Crippled By Demons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
    Guzman probably the only fighter on the planet I love and hate simutaneously

so talented its such a waste......his performance over Soto was a masterclass of pure boxing
    You mean literally holding and running for his dear life for most of the championship rounds against Soto!!

Comment

Originally posted by el20cuatro View Post
      You mean literally holding and running for his dear life for most of the championship rounds against Soto!!
      running for dear life?!? haha please! Guzman clearly had the fight in the bag and he coasted to victory.

He hasn't fought in over a year and still handled soto with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        running for dear life?!? haha please! Guzman clearly had the fight in the bag and he coasted to victory.

He hasn't fought in over a year and still handled soto with ease.
        Did you se the fight? You cant tell me he wasnt running and holding in the final rounds, Please dude and i do not even like Soto!!

Comment

Did you se the fight? You cant tell me he wasnt running and holding in the final rounds, Please dude and i do not even like Soto!!
          Yes of course I've seen it I watched it live, I won the DVD and you can get it off my website.

Guzman won that fight so easily he coasted to victory in the final rounds. Soto never hurt him or did anything to even make him uncomfortable. Guzman was schooling soto so badly he could afford to take a couple rounds off at the end.

HUGE difference from that and "running for his life"

Comment

You can have all the talent in the world as a boxer but you will never fulfill your promise without singular focus on being great. Sadly Guzman lacked that very important cog.

Comment

Yes of course I've seen it I watched it live, I won the DVD and you can get it off my website.

Guzman won that fight so easily he coasted to victory in the final rounds. Soto never hurt him or did anything to even make him uncomfortable. Guzman was schooling soto so badly he could afford to take a couple rounds off at the end.

Do not get me wrong Guzman is a bad ass but against Soto he Did beat him fairly easily but IMO he got on his bicycle way too much!! He ran way too much in this fight but he did beat Soto, it wasnt a very good performance for Guzman!!

Comment

He literally made Soto look like the bus driver that he is, in that fight. I don't know what fight was el20whatever was watching.

Anyways, I don't know what exactly is Guzman's health problems that disables him from making weight easily. Maybe it's bad lifestyle, maybe it's a legit problem. But from the naked eye, i'd have to admit he's a disgrace not only to boxing in general but also Dominican boxing. Now if he really has a legitimate excuse for his unproffesionalism[I know that's not a word] in the sport of boxing, that i'm not aware of, then I take back what I said. But being signed by GBP is probably as good as it gets in boxing as far as promotion goes, and he let that go.

Comment

Do not get me wrong Guzman is a bad ass but against Soto he Did beat him fairly easily but IMO he got on his bicycle way too much!! He ran way too much in this fight but he did beat Soto, it wasnt a very good performance for Guzman!!
                  Dude, even Larry Merchant the hater of runners, praised Guzman for not getting on his bike. At one point of the fight, Guzman was hitting Soto flush and Merchant said something like "Soto and his team said Guzman was going to get on his bicycle, well that's some bicycle". Not exactly those words. But Merchant is the biggest hater I have ever seen of boxer-runners and all he did was praised Guzman for his performance.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
                    He literally made Soto look like the bus driver that he is, in that fight. I don't know what fight was el20whatever was watching.

Anyways, I don't know what exactly is Guzman's health problems that disables him from making weight easily. Maybe it's bad lifestyle, maybe it's a legit problem. But from the naked eye, i'd have to admit he's a disgrace not only to boxing in general but also Dominican boxing. Now if he really has a legitimate excuse for his unproffesionalism[I know that's not a word] in the sport of boxing, that i'm not aware of, then I take back what I said. But being signed by GBP is probably as good as it gets in boxing as far as promotion goes, and he let that go.
                    Hey That was just my opinion, eveyone appreciates fights differently!! That was my outlook on that fight, Guzman won easily but got on his bicycle way too much for my liking, If you like that about fighters I respect that!! Oh and It is el20cuatro or just plain 24!!

Comment

even if he had a glandular problem like.............hypothyroidism...........which is the inability of the thyroid to secrete Thyroid hormones.............which cause weight gain.....with the proper treatment and lifestyle it can be controlled........so fuk guzman...................he was just unfocus and undisciplined...........

Comment

Working...
                      X