Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Measuring Manny Pt1: Has Pacquiao Skill, Opponent Selection Improved since Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horus View Post
    I am asking you why are u bringing Floyd up?
    The video is focus on Manny Pacquiao, Not Floyd Mayweather.

So why bring him up?
    i'll answer this tommorrow when i have time, i have to go do something right now

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
      i'll answer this tommorrow when i have time, i have to go do something right now
      I didnt know this question required a long ass response!

Comment

I didnt know this question required a long ass response!
        it doesn't, it's about 4-5 words, 6 max

Comment

Its all very well in saying that the competition is not as skill as Marquez, however from the choice that is available, who is?

Floyd? Well he does not want to fight. Cant really complain about the comp then.

And if he fights Marquez again you'll still find people complaining if its above 135.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            Did this dude just call Cotto and Margarito "B and C" class fighters?

smh..............
            They are in a way I think he is being generous. This is coming from a big Cotto fan but the guy was never an A class fighter, at the height of his game I would say he was a solid B. To rate him higher than a B he'd be comparable to fighters like Hearns, SRL, Ali etc.

I don't feel the need to explain why Margarito is below C class but if you want me to say the word.

People are too generous with their rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
              Its all very well in saying that the competition is not as skill as Marquez, however from the choice that is available, who is?

Floyd? Well he does not want to fight. Cant really complain about the comp then.

And if he fights Marquez again you'll still find people complaining if its above 135.
              Sergio Martinez
              Andre Berto
              Paul Williams
              Devon Alexander
              Timothy Bradley
              etc.

All would have been better fights than his previous 6 opponents.
              What made it worst is all the catchweights.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                They are in a way I think he is being generous. This is coming from a big Cotto fan but the guy was never an A class fighter, at the height of his game I would say he was a solid B. To rate him higher than a B he'd be comparable to fighters like Hearns, SRL, Ali etc.

I don't feel the need to explain why Margarito is below C class but if you want me to say the word.

People are too generous with their rankings.
                Margarito is trash!

Without the cement we seen how good he really was.
                Slow
                Takes too many punches
                No set up punches
                No jab

Man...

Comment

Sergio Martinez
                  Andre Berto
                  Paul Williams
                  Devon Alexander
                  Timothy Bradley
                  etc.

All would have been better fights than his previous 6 opponents.
                  What made it worst is all the catchweights.
                  Bradley and Alexander have their own business to take care before they can entertain a fight with pac.
                  Williams, skilled? really?
                  Berto, the guy needs to fight a decent welterweight and get himself in the picture. If Pac fought him and knocks him out ppl will just say "he was average", "who has he fought", "cherrypick" etc
                  Martinez, is two weights above pac.

The only fight i have a major problem with is the Margarito fight, and that was because it was for a title, when it shouldn't have been.

Comment

Sergio Martinez
                    Andre Berto
                    Paul Williams
                    Devon Alexander
                    Timothy Bradley
                    etc.
                    i find it hypocritical that *****s demand so much from pacquiao and nothing much from their man-crush. smh.

Comment

When people want to diss Pac they always mention JMM giving Pac hard fights. Well JMM is not just any old body. He is a great boxer. Its not a disgrace that someone of JMM could give pac a couple of close fights at JMMs best weight. But the truly great fighters can move up the weights without as much problems.

Pac can take a punch better than JMM and hits harder so that helps. And JMM improved Pac as a fighter. Pac learnt from those 2 wins. So the Cottos and Clotteys and Hattons of this world pay the price for the fights Pac had with JMM.

Comment

Working...
                      X