Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guarantee you that if pacquiao was born and raised in america.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
    The guy has some truth in his words. In boxing your race and nationality matters a lot on how much recognition you'd get, how big fan base you'll have.
    pretty much......

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      I guarantee you that if Manny
      Pacquiao was born and raised in
      middle America, he would
      indeed be titled and written in
      stone as the greatest fighter
      that has ever lived.
      I don't see how you can guarantee that. I understand your point, but I'm not convinced you're right.

If you ask the average American who the greatest boxer of all time is, many will probably say, "Mohammad Ali." Some might say, "Mike Tyson." They just know about the fighters they're most exposed to. Only a real boxing fan will say, "'Sugar' Ray Robinson," or maybe, "Henry Armstrong."

Manny Pacquiao being from the Philippines only makes him less exposed to the average American. Boxing fans know who he is. They follow him and watch his fights. Ultimately, the true fans are the ones who matter when it comes down to declaring the "GOAT."

Right now, not even rabid boxing fans are ready to declare Manny the "greatest of all time." I don't think they ever will. I think Ray Robinson will continue to hold that title, even after Pacquiao hangs up his gloves. Who knows? I believe that it won't be until after Manny's done that we'll be able to examine, digest and compare his career to that of the other ATGs.

Comment

I hate articles from the examiner because they're so idiotic and don't take everything into account.

If Pac was American I doubt he would be a 4 division lineal champion or I doubt he would be a 7 or 8(bogus) division title holder.

He also wouldn't have been as popular as he is right now. And, probably wouldn't be half the fighter that he is now.

And, even if was and did everything the same way(which is very doubtful if you really think about it) he still wouldn't be considered the GOAT. Not even close no matter if he was American or not.

Examiner is a BS website with a bunch of BS articles.

Comment

I know, this guy suffers from nutthugging syndome, you can't guarantee this sort of thing.. He's oblivious to the fact that if Pac was born and raised in America it would be so different, so its not even a realistic possibility that Pac would be the same fighter, his experience coming from the slums is invaluable.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            I think there's nothing wrong for just telling the truth.
            i'm filipino and even i don't believe Manny's the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I don't see how you can guarantee that. I understand your point, but I'm not convinced you're right.

If you ask the average American who the greatest boxer of all time is, many will probably say, "Mohammad Ali." Some might say, "Mike Tyson." They just know about the fighters they're most exposed to. Only a real boxing fan will say, "'Sugar' Ray Robinson," or maybe, "Henry Armstrong."

Manny Pacquiao being from the Philippines only makes him less exposed to the average American. Boxing fans know who he is. They follow him and watch his fights. Ultimately, the true fans are the ones who matter when it comes down to declaring the "GOAT."

Right now, not even rabid boxing fans are ready to declare Manny the "greatest of all time." I don't think they ever will. I think Ray Robinson will continue to hold that title, even after Pacquiao hangs up his gloves. Who knows? I believe that it won't be until after Manny's done that we'll be able to examine, digest and compare his career to that of the other ATGs.
              Who crowned ray robinson as GOAT? I must have missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bahay kubo View Post
                That's fine bro everyone have their own opinion we r not force to agree or disagree.

Comment

i think most of you don't read the article very well.. or maybe you just didn't get on what that "writer" trying to say...

what he try to say is what if pacman (w/ 8 divisional titles, elected congressman) is born and raised in America.... needless to say, same boxer with the same accomplishments BUT, only difference is he's born and raised in America.... ergo: Pacman is American....

anyway, an American Pacman COULD do better in the ATG rankings from the BWAA compared to a Filipino Pacman... true story....

Comment

Originally posted by bahay kubo View Post
                    If he cleans up 140 and 147 including floyd, I am willing to give it a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                      The guy has some truth in his words. In boxing your race and nationality matters a lot on how much recognition you'd get, how big fan base you'll have.
                      Yeah but todays americans dont get much love from fellow americans. Even if your good you dont have a big fan base and floyd doesnt have that he has more people that hate him and that sales alot. Most of the draws in boxing are foreign fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X