No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Donaire on The Team Pacquiao Beef

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Donaire on The Team Pacquiao Beef

By Robert Morales - Nonito Donaire will be in the most important fight of his career when he challenges Fernando Montiel for his two bantamweight world championship belts on Feb. 19 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (on HBO). During a telephone interview from his training camp in San Carlos, Calif., on Tuesday, Donaire spoke about that fight and what it means to him.

Aside from all of that, Donaire wanted to make it clear that he has no problem whatsoever with countryman Manny Pacquiao. It was reported on BoxingScene.com recently that Donaire was tentatively slated to fight on the undercard of Pacquiao's fight against Antonio Margarito in November in Texas, but that he allegedly was pulled off the card at the behest of Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz.

According to Donaire, Koncz did not like it when Donaire refused to sign with Pacquiao's MP Promotions and that's why he was not allowed to fight on the aforementioned card. Koncz helps Pacquiao run his promotional company.

"He (Koncz) is disappointed in me not signing with him," said Donaire, who, like Pacquiao, fights under the Top Rank Inc. banner. "He approached me and I said no."

Donaire said he doesn't believe Pacquiao knew what was going on.

Donaire's wife, Rachel, said that they had dinner with Pacquiao's godfather, Chavit Singson, in Japan recently and that they asked Singson about it. Singson called Pacquiao and Pacquiao apparently told Singson - a politician in the Philippines - that he indeed did not know.

Therefore, Donaire said he has no beef at all with Pacquiao.

"Of course not," said Donaire, who said he will always support Pacquiao. "I have no grudge. For me, I'm here, I'm still going to fight. I'm pleased to be fighting with Montiel. I wish it was on Manny's undercard. Regardless of what goes on, the man (Pacquiao) is busy." [Click Here To Read More]

Donaire is a classy dude. I knew there was no beef. Its next to impossible to hate on Pacquiao cuz hes such a role model not just for boxers but for all people of Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Donaire is a classy dude. I knew there was no beef. Its next to impossible to hate on Pacquiao cuz hes such a role model not just for boxers but for all people of Earth.
      no just for phillipinos......(he said it himself)

Comment

LOL yeah we should all cheat on our wives and knock up hookers. get real dude and stop deifying pacman. He's just a boxer.

Comment

What you mean classy? He's always complaining about ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Robert Morales - Nonito Donaire will be in the most important fight of his career when he challenges Fernando Montiel for his two bantamweight world championship belts on Feb. 19 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (on HBO). During a telephone interview from his training camp in San Carlos, Calif., on Tuesday, Donaire spoke about that fight and what it means to him.

Aside from all of that, Donaire wanted to make it clear that he has no problem whatsoever with countryman Manny Pacquiao. It was reported on BoxingScene.com recently that Donaire was tentatively slated to fight on the undercard of Pacquiao's fight against Antonio Margarito in November in Texas, but that he allegedly was pulled off the card at the behest of Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz.

According to Donaire, Koncz did not like it when Donaire refused to sign with Pacquiao's MP Promotions and that's why he was not allowed to fight on the aforementioned card. Koncz helps Pacquiao run his promotional company.

"He (Koncz) is disappointed in me not signing with him," said Donaire, who, like Pacquiao, fights under the Top Rank Inc. banner. "He approached me and I said no."

Donaire said he doesn't believe Pacquiao knew what was going on.

Donaire's wife, Rachel, said that they had dinner with Pacquiao's godfather, Chavit Singson, in Japan recently and that they asked Singson about it. Singson called Pacquiao and Pacquiao apparently told Singson - a politician in the Philippines - that he indeed did not know.

Therefore, Donaire said he has no beef at all with Pacquiao.

"Of course not," said Donaire, who said he will always support Pacquiao. "I have no grudge. For me, I'm here, I'm still going to fight. I'm pleased to be fighting with Montiel. I wish it was on Manny's undercard. Regardless of what goes on, the man (Pacquiao) is busy." [Click Here To Read More]
            Michael con'z

Comment

koncz is a d1ck......true story!!

if donaire was on a pac undercard it could boost up PPV sales.....mofo aint thinkin right..

Comment

Yep, he's lovely.

Comment

Koncz should have been kicked out from Pacquiao's camp years ago....

Comment

I knew all the way there's no feud between both camps it's all about business. After beating Montiel, Donaire can clean-up the bantamweight division which is loaded with talents.

Comment

Working...
                    X