Comments Thread For: Winky Wright-Matthew Macklin is Signed For April 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
    Interesting.

Macklin is always claiming to be better than he shows. He has been very average in his last two outings. Let's see what happens.

I can see Wright stopping him late.
    Winky is nearly 40, hasnt fought in 2 years, hasnt won in over 4 years, and hasnt KOd anyone in about 9 years.

Warren knows what he's doing. Take an old inactive big name opponent, and feed him to one of his fighters. And bribe the judges. Macklin SD win

Comment

Macklin is trash i expect Winky to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        Winky is nearly 40, hasnt fought in 2 years, hasnt won in over 4 years, and hasnt KOd anyone in about 9 years.

Warren knows what he's doing. Take an old inactive big name opponent, and feed him to one of his fighters. And bribe the judges. Macklin SD win

It's good match-making in a sense.

But Winky is still Winky.

Apart from Asiakianen (sp?) Macklin has never looked like a world-class fighter.

Comment

It's good match-making in a sense.

But Winky is still Winky.

Apart from Asiakianen (sp?) Macklin has never looked like a world-class fighter.
          nope, wanted to see him v Barker tbh. I have Macklin down as a good domestic/Euro level fighter. Better than most, but not world class. Macklin and Pirog were meant to fight about a year ago. What happened with that? Who pulled out? I cant remember. (a bit random but i just remembered it was meant to happen lol)

It all depends on what Winky can bring on the night. Warren is banking on it not being much. Plus with Winky going into his shell it'll be easier for the judges to give Macklin rounds he might not deserve.

Comment

nope, wanted to see him v Barker tbh. I have Macklin down as a good domestic/Euro level fighter. Better than most, but not world class. Macklin and Pirog were meant to fight about a year ago. What happened with that? Who pulled out? I cant remember. (a bit random but i just remembered it was meant to happen lol)

It all depends on what Winky can bring on the night. Warren is banking on it not being much. Plus with Winky going into his shell it'll be easier for the judges to give Macklin rounds he might not deserve.

There are great fights to be made with: Barker, Macklin, Lee and Duddy.

Although, I think poor old Duddy has been to the well one too many times now. I hope he gets a good wedge against Andy Lee.

Comment

There are great fights to be made with: Barker, Macklin, Lee and Duddy.

Although, I think poor old Duddy has been to the well one too many times now. I hope he gets a good wedge against Andy Lee.
              not a big fan of duddy but he can be entertaining if matched right. but there is something about andy lee makes me wanna take a baseball bat to him. I cant put my finger on why though lol. Duddy, Barker and Macklin arent nasty enough for Lee, feed Lee to Froch and let the other 3 fight each other and we have a good 2011!

Comment

Wow, I kept hearing rumours Winky wanted to fight I seriously doubted them but now this, I hope he's got something left, either way it'll be great to see him back in the ring. War Winky!

Comment

yeah but to be fair Winky beat guys up or outboxed guys over the course of the fight he was never a big KO puncher he didn't need to be and his defense was almost impenetrable
                  his last fights were against Williams and Hopkins no shame in losing those
                  i think you may be right though Warren wouldn't have signed for this if he didn't think his man was up to the task. still look what happened when Kevin Mitchell tried to take the step up

it would be a travesty for Wright if he lost this

in his prime he took down Mosley twice and completely embarrassed Trindad

Macklin hasn't beaten anyone near that level on paper Wright wins this all day but i got a feeling he's done
                  Last edited by ghost deini; 01-18-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X