Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a bit of discipline, Joan Guzman has what it takes to add to the 140lb division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a bit of discipline, Joan Guzman has what it takes to add to the 140lb division.

Man. This guy. He hasn't fulfilled his potential yet. He is too small for Welterweight. I would pay to see him take on any of the real top fighters at Light Welterweight, and I wouldn't bet against him. He has put together a very respectable resume over the past 5 years, while only giving it questionably 50-60% commitment and determination. Putting this guy in against a top 140lb'er makes perfect sense. Give him a fight which is guarenteed to get him motivated and back in the mix at the top. Someone like Lamont Peterson would be a perfect fit. After a tough tune-up like that, Guzman gives anybody hell. Bradley, Alexander, Khan, Maidana. You name it.

Or let's hope that Zab Judah someone wins the vacant IBF title, then we can see an all Brooklyn battle between these 2 guys, maybe at MSG. I would pay to see that. Damn. Could even have Paulie Malignaggi vs. Joshua Clottey on the undercard. Sorry Paulie.

He doesn't have that discipline and if he hasn't had it by now I'd say it's a slim to nil chance of him ever gaining it. He's not 18 or 20 years old...

Comment

He ain't making 140lbs. He should campaign at 147, or get some of the 140lbs fighters at catch-weights of 144lbs

Comment

He does not have enough power to hurt elites of 147.

And has questionable chin to begin with.

Comment

Enough with this guy already.
          If you were an Exec. at HBO, Showtime, Espn, or even the Spanish channels.....would you honestly take the chance of creating a slot for him to fight on your show?

He fails test or weight or dont show up...lol

You would look dumb as hell and your career would take a shot for taking a chance on a fighter who continuously fails.
          This guy is done.

Comment

guzman can't even make 140 lbs.

Comment

guzman has no discipline..but he could give em all them guys nightmares

Comment

At this point Guzman should just be a sparring partner, at least then he’d be relevant.

I can’t think of another fighter as of late to be given so many shots at redemption only stumble upon his own foolishness repeatedly.

Comment

**** guzman

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    guzman can't even make 140 lbs.
                    he could move up to 160 and still manage to come in overweight

Comment

Working...
                    X