Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOPKINS Fights 'Em On The Way UP...PACQUIAO Fights 'Em On the Way DOWN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of ATG resumes can be picked apart, even Hopkins resume. I won't do it though because I respect the man too much. He's 46yrs old still doing the damn thing and also gave my idol an ass whoopen so too much respect from my side to even pick apart his resume. But, it can be done.

And, people need to stop and try to diminish the Tito win. Tito at worse was the 2nd best MW at the time coming off a dominating KO over a top contender.

The only thing I learned in this thread is that Calzaghe was a true beast in the sport. And, that Hopkins didn't fight smaller guys but Tito did.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

You know Pac had a career before 2008 right?

Taylor 2x and Calzaghe were not robberies. Stop the BS, if you had Hopkins winning those fights fine. I can see it, but the fights were close fights. Not robberies, I wish people stop calling close fights robberies. You want to see a robbery go look at Whitaker-Ramirez I or Whitaker-JCC not Hopkins against Taylor or against Joe.
      He sure did but Mosley is still the toughest, baddest dude on his resume. Hopkins also never got KTFO 2 times and made to look silly like JMM made pac look.
      Hometown decisions Jro Hopkins clearly won those fights. Just like he clearly whipped Pascal and got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        A lot of ATG resumes can be picked apart, even Hopkins resume. I won't do it though because I respect the man too much. He's 46yrs old still doing the damn thing and also gave my idol an ass whoopen so too much respect from my side to even pick apart his resume. But, it can be done.

And, people need to stop and try to diminish the Tito win. Tito at worse was the 2nd best MW at the time coming off a dominating KO over a top contender.

The only thing I learned in this thread is that Calzaghe was a true beast in the sport. And, that Hopkins didn't fight smaller guys but Tito did.
        this is what i've been hesitant of doing, but these clowns act like they actually know anything when this thread can so easily be destroyed...

eh

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
          Oh, okay. You wanna listen to Jim Lampley eh? Did you know Hopkins 2 weeks before the fight was at 157 pounds and come fight night weighed in at 162 pounds to Trinidad's 168 come fight night(according to the announce team)? Trinidad also had the 3 inch reach advantage aswell. Which was why Foreman was even shocked because Trinidad was the favorite in the fight. As usual Hopkins is almost always the underdog.

Trinidad at the time was also number 1 P4P. What's your excuse now?
          Well I don't know about their weights at fight night. But Trinidad never fought a guy like Hopkins, BHOP is heavier, taller, has more reach advantage than almost any Trinidad's opponent. I'm not sure about Trinidad being P4P #1, because all experts thought he lost to DLH and Mosley beat DLH in 2000. In boxrec Mosley is P4P #1 for 2000-1, since Mosley was crowned in 2000 and lost in 2002 why would've he been downgraded in rankings in 2001 while he never lost to anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Hometown decisions Jro Hopkins clearly won those fights. Just like he clearly whipped Pascal and got robbed.
            What hometown decision are you talking about?

The Calzaghe fight was in the U.S not in Wales. If anybody was going to get a hometown decision it would have been Hopkins.

Did both Taylor fights happen in Arkansa? So what hometown decision are you talking about?

And, both Taylor fights and the Calzaghe were much closer than the Pascal fight. Not even comparable....Not robberies stop the BS. You probably thought he won cool, others think Taylor and/or Joe won fight was too close to call it a robbery.

The word robbery gets thrown around a lot. People are too loose with that word. Not every close fight that goes the opposite way is a robbery man.

Comment

I dont think anyone can deny this! Pac alway seem to get name fighters on the way down..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                He sure did but Mosley is still the toughest, baddest dude on his resume. Hopkins also never got KTFO 2 times and made to look silly like JMM made pac look.
                Bernard Hopkins started his career at the age of 23, while Pacquiao started at 16 and was kayoed at 17 and 19. Second KO was in the title fight, Hopkins had his first title fight at age 28 against Jones. Pac was born in poor country and started career without proper training and conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I dont think anyone can deny this! Pac alway seem to get name fighters on the way down..
                  Exactly, this is factual stuff...

Comment

War Guzman!

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                      Bernard Hopkins started his career at the age of 23, while Pacquiao started at 16 and was kayoed at 17 and 19. Second KO was in the title fight, Hopkins had his first title fight at age 28 against Jones. Pac was born in poor country and started career without proper training and conditioning.
                      you can say the same for hopkins, he sure as hell didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth growing up. and had to fight out of necessity. although pacquiao grew up way more poor, third world poor, but like the classic line from enter the dragon " ******'s everywhere stink ".......

both guys were learning on the job, the only thing that i can see with pacquiao having it harder coming up was that he had a less than favorable managing coming up, im sure there were a lot of desperate fights for money with pacquiao, that pitted him into no so favorable conditions. you can get anyone to do almost anything when they are starving, ie, short notice, cheap money, giving up weight, etc. hopkins had bouie fischer and richardson, both guys not only knew the ins and outs of boxing and politics, they were and still are masters at match making and strategies.....

both guys are great and i think make good examples of how to turn things around when they aren't so good to start with.

Comment

Working...
                      X