Odlanier Solis vs. Vitali Klitschko: Official Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odlanier Solis comments on David Haye:

Q & A with Odlanier Solis

Anson Wainwright - In the 2001 World Championship final you stopped current WBA champion David Haye. Can you tell us about that fight? did you drop him etc?

Odlanier Solis - Haye was a decent fighter. I remember that he connected with a nice uppercut early in the fight. He provoked me with that. But then I took control, did what I have to do and gave him the beating of his lifetime. The referee stepped in and prevented him from getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Odlanier Solis comments on David Haye:
      Haha, that Quote was awesome. I was on the fence earlier, but the recent photos definitely show a trimmed down Solis. I'm leaning on Solis to take advantage of the moment and steal the show.

A Solis win will definitely shake up the HW division. A grudge match between Haye and Solis would be excellent.

Comment

Vitali beats him down and stops him within 10 rounds,solis has shown me nothing that suggests he can beat Vitali

Comment

I just saw some new photos from Solis and Vitali's public workout, on ESB website.

Solis was wearing heavy winter clothes, even though the temperature was 57 F.

I could tell despite the winter coat he's still overweight, although he doesn't appear to be quite as obese as before the Austin fight.

Comment

I just saw some new photos from Solis and Vitali's public workout, on ESB website.

Solis was wearing heavy winter clothes, even though the temperature was 57 F.

I could tell despite the winter coat he's still overweight, although he doesn't appear to be quite as obese as before the Austin fight.
            Dude..is actually trying to psyche out Klitschko.. First with the complete non staredown & now is playing mind games as if he's trying to do the coverup of his weight which seems to the naked eye like wants peeps to think he's covering excessive blubber but in reality has put himself into great shape (for him) & wants to surprise at the weigh-in.

Seems to me Solis & his camp have believed the weight hype & that has been his main focus because they think he's got the skills already without tinkering with it. If they think it's going to have Vitali questioning himself....they're going to be in for a rude awakening... an angry Vitali is not going to **** around.... he will get Solis out of there...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
              Dude..is actually trying to psyche out Klitschko.. First with the complete non staredown & now is playing mind games as if he's trying to do the coverup of his weight which seems to the naked eye like wants peeps to think he's covering excessive blubber but in reality has put himself into great shape (for him) & wants to surprise at the weigh-in.

Seems to me Solis & his camp have believed the weight hype & that has been his main focus because they think he's got the skills already without tinkering with it. If they think it's going to have Vitali questioning himself....they're going to be in for a rude awakening... an angry Vitali is not going to **** around.... he will get Solis out of there...
              Interesting comments...

We'll know after the Friday weigh-in. I expect Solis to be about 245.

Comment

Interesting comments...

We'll know after the Friday weigh-in. I expect Solis to be about 245.
                I wouldn't be surprised if Odlanier comes in under 250, happy if he weighs in at 240 and amazed if he tips the scales at anything near 230. Someone with points to spare should start a giveaway thread where the winner comes closest to Solis's weigh-in number. It might add some much needed interest to this fight. lol

Comment

as ever, hes gunna be comin in at 255+

Comment

From ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...-tragedy-japan

Vitali Klitschko thinking of tragedy in Japan

by Dan Rafael

Even as heavyweight titleholder Vitali Klitschko prepares for his mandatory title defense against Odlanier Solis on Saturday (Epix, 5 p.m. ET) at Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, he has been watching the tragic news from Japan unfold like so many around the world.

Klitschko, like his younger brother, fellow heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, is a class act. He's smart, compassionate and concerned with way more things than just what goes on in boxing.

At the end of a teleconference with reporters to discuss the fight on Wednesday, Klitschko spoke passionately about the nuclear catastrophe that is happening in Japan in the wake of the recent earthquake and ensuing tsunami.

Klitschko grew up in Ukraine and was in the former Soviet republic when a nuclear disaster struck at Chernobyl.

"We want to support Japan during its tragedy," Klitschko said. "I know one of the judges [for the fight] will be from Japan, and coming from Ukraine, and I was, in 1986, close to Chernobyl. My father [a colonel in the Soviet air force] was there. And I know how big this tragedy is. And I understand right now the attention of the whole world is on Japan, and everybody is looking how the situation will develop.

"I want to support Japan's people. I want to support the people who are fighting right now against this tragedy. And we definitely will make a donation from this fight to support Japan. Because I know how hard is it. I know how dangerous it is because it's touched my family -- the tragedy in Chernobyl, I know how difficult it is right now in Japan.

"We just saw the news from Japan and see the news every day. I know all the fans and all the media are watching the nuclear tragedy in Japan. Sport connects people. Sport can change the world. And I'm more than sure we have a lot of power to help the Japanese people who have problems, first from the earthquake and from the tsunami and now their nuclear problem."

Comment

Solis is going to take a beating and if he is anything over 245 I truly hope that is the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X