Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: "you're going to see the same Arthur Abraham"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will need to fight a completely different fight than those he is used to. If he gets too close to Abraham in order to clinch, Ward might be in trouble. Anything similar to the Bika fight is dangerous for SOB.

Comment

He's been so successful fighting the way he has so far, I'd bet against him suddenly opening up. Once that gets hardwired, its tough to break a habit.

I hope Abraham can break the habit, so he actually gives us a fight.

Comment

if ward fights his usual style of hold-n-hit, he will give AA opportunities to land punches and possibly KO ward.

Comment

I can imagine Abraham fighting Ward a hundred times and never catching him once.

Froch is physically very strong and made Abraham look like a small man. Ward will do the same thing and not even have the decency be hit occasionally. Ward is going to manhandle Arthur - in a tremendously boring fashion.

Comment

styles make fights. if ward doesn't switch up his style to fight from a distance he puts himself in danger of getting hit by AA's heavy punches and he is in danger of getting fouled by AA out of frustration.

Comment

AA just isnt active enough. IDK wut his problem is but he needs to let his hands go. he looked god awful against froch and dirrell

Comment

Ward is actually at a disadvantage stylewise vs AA if he fights his usual way. But everybody knows how to beat AA now just jab, jab, jab, straight, add some movement and rinse and repeat lol! AA needs a new trainer badly.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                  AA just isnt active enough. IDK wut his problem is but he needs to let his hands go. he looked god awful against froch and dirrell
                  AA wouldn't throw punches against dirrell and froch because they were out of range. against ward, if ward fights the hug-n-hit style, he'll be right in front of AA to get punched.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    AA wouldn't throw punches against dirrell and froch because they were out of range. against ward, if ward fights the hug-n-hit style, he'll be right in front of AA to get punched.
                    u make it seem like AA has skill on the inside. he doesnt. hes a medium range fighter, meaning he needs distance to throw those huge punches he ususally throws. on the inside, he still doesnt win this fight. his punches will get smothered. i dont see any way that he wins this fight.

but of course ppl will still cheer for him and his limited style and make up excuses as to why he loses to ward, because this is boxingscene.

Comment

Abraham will fight like a desperate man, he's lost his last two fights and is staring retirement in the face. It could be a Kessler type performance (v Froch) from Abraham and Ward could get the shock of his career from those heavy hands.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 01-07-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X