Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People complaining about HBO pushing hard for Dzinziruk against Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
    What about Margarito & Mosley??
    Mosley no doubt is a horrible fight because of his age and the way he has looked recently. I would say that Margs didnt deserve the fight and it was a mismatch but do to his style of fighting and size i wanted to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
      It is not good for the boxing industry with a network like HBO dictating match ups, but I can't blame them for doing so. They need good match ups that can sell. Promoters and the alphabet commissions failure to do so means HBO can only sell few bouts that has profit potential.

HBO can give fans good bouts for a limited period but it can't sustain this since this is not their core competence. Eventually, they will give us fights which in their view would sell and give them the most profit, but general boxing fans won’t like.

In the absence of a singular entity in boxing that can dictate who fights who, and a network stepping in to perform such role means the boxing industry is in dire situation. It needs total overhaul. The promoters have hijacked the entire industry.

Honestly though, I am not complaining at this time. Sometime, somebody has to step in to do the work.
      They should dictate who fights in their network since they put up the big bucks. That is why they have a match maker employed and sometimes they will give a list of fighters that they would allow.

With Berto it is just a disappointment that they have allowed to go this long but they did give him a contract with a Million dollar minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        No to Lee, Sturm yes (Pirog but he is unavailable). Martinez wants big offers and challenges he said it himself. Nobody seems to want to fight this guy. They say yes but when it is time to sign it is a no go.

The problem here at Boxing Scene is that some ppl are like girls, if you put it in they scream and if you pull it out they cry. Sometimes I don't think you can's satisfy some ppl in this forum
        Agreed.

We know HBO has shitty deals with certain promoters, and they (rightfully) get called on it. But we should never take the position of "Well if they are getting lopsided fights than this fighter should get a gimme". That's just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
          If you wanted Sergiy Dzinziruk to lose, who would you put him in with?

Cotto? No Sergiy might defeat him. Foreman? No, he'd beat Foreman.

Angulo? No, Dzinziruk would win. Martirsoyan? Obviously Sergiy would win.

If someone wanted him to lose, they'd put him in with the slickest southpaw at 154-160, namely Sergio Martinez.

Greenburg is very predictable.
          This is so weak on so many levels.

A) you thinking Greenburg is out to get Zinziruk beat is ******ed cuz' nobody gives a shit about Zinziruk and/or know who he is.

B)Angulo would rape his ass.

Comment

stop with the give em easy fight bullshlt.If he wants a easy fight go to espn.
            Some guys get easy,some dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
              Agreed.

We know HBO has shitty deals with certain promoters, and they (rightfully) get called on it. But we should never take the position of "Well if they are getting lopsided fights than this fighter should get a gimme". That's just stupid.
              sturm is fukn fighting RONALD HEARNS. piss on him, he's worse than ottke.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                When I saw that Sturm was going to fight Hearns I almost fell from my chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
                  This is so weak on so many levels.
                  Originally posted by Tunney post had the fight with Andy Lee been finalized

So predictable of Greenberg. I knew he wouldn't give any of the EASTERN EUROPEANS a shot at Martinez. Greenberg just hates the superior race and I knew he would never let them completely embarrass and demolish that sub-human.

Truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                    This is exactly the way I feel. HBO is taking a hard line and dictating to a guy that has fought anyone they had wanted him to in the past. He's consistently taken tough fights and hasn't avoided anyone. Yet they let other guys fight bums all the time AND pay them millions to do so.

This is the problem people have with HBO.
                    This is exactly what I am trying to say...HBO is bound to give us fights that we don't like because it is not their core competence to make fights. Furthermore, we can't discount the possibility of some execs playing favoritism which is normal in a corporate world. A single boxing commission might be the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      I don't care for Sturm.

I want to see Pirog vs Golovkin. That'd be explosive.

Comment

Working...
                      X