Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao THE GOAT or one of the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    Your opinion holds no water compared to boxing experts who voted Pac as FOTD. You can argue with them, they might listen to your whining and change the outcome. I'm not saying Pac is a GOAT but he has a case compared to other boxers in this era.

That’s all you Fall back on theses so called experts said this and that so it must be true right?

If you actually learnt about boxing you could muster up your own opinions without the need to hang onto words and opinions of so called experts.

By your logic no ones opinion matters on this site because the experts say otherwise? Well if the experts where always right there wouldn’t need to be a forum section on this site for people to debate, we could all just read articles from ‘Experts’ and feel enlightened and all knowledgeable.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
      That’s all you Fall back on theses so called experts said this and that so it must be true right?

If you actually learnt about boxing you could muster up your own opinions without the need to hang onto words and opinions of so called experts.

By your logic no ones opinion matters on this site because the experts say otherwise? Well if the experts where always right there wouldn’t need to be a forum section on this site for people to debate, we could all just read articles from ‘Experts’ and feel enlightened and all knowledgeable.

LOL! Boxing experts consist of many knowledgeable people who voted who is who. The more you get the votes...you won. Its different from listening into one person opinion who hated in one particular fighter. Now, My question please.
      Last edited by straightleft; 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Certainly you don't know anything. You can't construct meaningful debates without discrediting the fighter you hate. In my post #27..please tell me, which fighter you thought could do better than Pac in that given time frame. NONE! because nobody did it except Pac. Prime Sasakul, Lebwaba, Barrera, Morales or any 126, 130 and below who were greats in the past can't beat shot Hatton, weight drained Cotto and Margarito who fought Pac at 140, 147, 150!
        Typical blind fanboy I’m a hater because I disagree with you? I don’t hate any boxer it would be a waste of my time I do hate the ridiculous notion of your hero being the GOAT because he simply isn’t.

Tell me how the hell is it relevant to list these ex opponents and ask me if i think they could beat another list of past opponents? This just shows your lack of understanding when it comes to boxing. A boxer does not have to move up in weight to be considered great it’s about the quality of opponents on there resume and the circumstances of beating those fighters (in there natural weight classes in there prime)
        Last edited by -Lowkey-; 01-03-2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Typical blind fanboy I’m a hater because I disagree with you? I don’t hate any boxer it would be a waste of my time I do hate the ridiculous notion of your hero being the GOAT because he simply isn’t.

Tell me how the hell is it relevant to list these ex opponents and ask me if i think they could beat another list of past opponents? This just shows your lack of understanding when it comes to boxing. A boxer does not have to move up in weight to be considered great it’s about the quality of opponents on there resume and the circumstances of beating those fighters (in there natural weight classes in there prime)
          Pac could stay at 135, 140 or 147 and beat anybody there. You think that's alone could make him what is today without looking his belt at 112, 122, 126, 130? Floyd stayed for 5 years in welterweight and beat anybody there but why most of the people including all those boxing expert rated Pac higher than Floyd in any ranking? The same goes to other fighters who stayed in their weight classes like Hopskin and Calzaghe? I can give you a lot of example who stayed in their weight classes and beat everybody but still Pac ranked higher than them, why?
          Last edited by straightleft; 01-03-2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Pac could stay at 135, 140 or 147 and beat anybody there. You think that's alone could make him what is today without looking his belt at 112, 122, 126, 130?
            That doesn’t really make sense?

Someone G.O.A.T worthy would defend his 154lbs belt at the weight limit against the person who vacated the belt. Not drop back in weight to fight a 40 year old who hasn’t won a fight in over 2 years.

Comment

That doesn’t really make sense?

Someone G.O.A.T worthy would defend his 154lbs belt at the weight limit against the person who vacated the belt. Not drop back in weight to fight a 40 year old who hasn’t won a fight in over 2 years.
              OMG! Pac is a 140 fighter the most. What he did at 147 and 154 whats makes him amazing. Now by fighting a 40 years old will erase anything he done in the past? OMG!

Comment

Certainly you don't know anything. You can't construct meaningful debates without discrediting the fighter you hate. In my post #27..please tell me, which fighter you thought could do better than Pac in that given time frame. NONE! because nobody did it except Pac.
                first off,theres only one GOAT right? greatest of all time. not this time, not last time,but ALL TIME. like you argued above about the people giving pac FOTD, i doubt any of them will consider him the greatest of all time.
                second, any dude can grab a belt if its the right time. theres not elite fighters in every division, sometimes belts get passed around like hoes. look at yuri foreman, he got a belt,i bet theres plenty more examples too.
                third,collecting belts in different weight classes is impressive but it doesnt solidify you as the GOAT. he lost against erik morales and had a controversial win over marquez, i think thats a 'snag along the way'. also, some of the dudes were good or big names, but theyre werent at their all time best.
                but some fights were questionable: DLH - he was shot,i dont care what experts like dundee saying he has a shot say. freddie roach said it was perfect because he knew oscar 'didnt have it anymore'. yes he was the favored one, but people knew dude was getting old and didnt have it, roach couldnt have been the only one thinking that way.
                clottey - who? the guy that lost to cotto right after he already dismantled cotto.
                margarito - why? he lost to mosley, and has been gone for a year and won a dumb decision over a no name.
                now mosley? cmon man.
                pacquiao is great and all, he is top 10 worthy most def, not GOAT.

Comment

Pac could stay at 135, 140 or 147 and beat anybody there. You think that's alone could make him what is today without looking his belt at 112, 122, 126, 130? Floyd stayed for 5 years in welterweight and beat anybody there but why most of the people including all those boxing expert rated Pac higher than Floyd in any ranking? The same goes to other fighters who stayed in their weight classes like Hopskin and Calzaghe? I can give you a lot of example who stayed in their weight classes and beat everybody but still Pac ranked higher than them, why?
                  Moving up in weight is not the sole contribution to how great you are I can also name boxers greater than Pac that stayed in one division for the whole of there career oh and just for the record both Hopkins and Calzaghe did move up in weight classes and win titles you might know that if you followed more than one boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                    Yeah, just like Hatton is such a great example for young aspiring boxers no?
                    The point of my avatar is clearly over your head. Look again, a little bit closer next time. I think you can figure out the point of the picture if you try REALLY hard.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                      There aint a G.O.A.T. in any sport, let alone boxing.
                      ^100% correct. It's impossible to be declared the GOAT in any sport. You can be the best of a particular era or decade, but never of all time. Until the day this sport dies off, there will always be the possibility of new fighters coming along who can, and will, dethrone previous greats when it comes to accomplishments, abilities, etc. It's only natural that this happen and is one of the primary reasons there can never be a GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                      X