Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook "I Used to Give Khan A Serious Hiding In Sparring, He's Scared Of Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook "I Used to Give Khan A Serious Hiding In Sparring, He's Scared Of Me"

Sheffield prospect Kell Brook disputes Khan’s claims of roughing him up in sparring, accusing the WBA light-welterweight champ of running scared from a domestic dust-up.

Amir Khan dismissed an offer to face Brook in his next fight, insinuating on his Twitter page last month that he used to have his way with the welterweight contender in sparring.

But Brook, who has KO’d 16 of his 23 opponents, told the Sheffield Star, ‘When we sparred together as amateurs they had to separate us because I was giving him [Khan] a serious hiding.

‘We were young, in a training camp, and he was heading to the Olympics. But when we got in the ring I pasted him. That's what happened, not the other way round like he's saying.’

Brook also went on to claim that Khan was ‘dodging’ him and lamented the Bolton man’s chin despite his recent heroics against Marcos Maidana.

‘The fact is he is dodging me. I read that Frank Warren offered Amir £1.5m to fight me but it was bigger than that. He doesn't want it – but I'd love the opportunity.

‘He is a nice lad but perhaps over-rated, he is fast but has a rubbish chin,’ said Brook.

hmm Khan said it was the other way around, Who to believe lol

Khans response

"Kel (kelly) brook and keep on dreaming. I aint gona fight him bcuz its to easy. I'll get criticised. I'm on path to unify my division fight better opponents and financially securing my future. End of story"

Comment

sparring sessions when they were 17 year olds means nothing for the present time in both guys career.

brook needs to fight someone decent and prove himself to get a shot at khan.

he has to fight top ranked guys and get known more before khan vs him makes any sense.

khan vs mat hatton would sell better at the moment.

i do think all 3 will meet in a year or 2,once khan moves up to welterweight he will have big british welter fights vs both of them.

Comment

khan needs to clean out 140lbs before thinking about moving up...

khan stops brook anyhow

Comment

lol at khans response

@faz__ kell brook give me a hiding, haha he was a weight above me when I used to be amateurs and I smacked him about. Just ask the england squad ask the coaches and boxers. He giving big talk now but when he was in camp he was quite like a mouse. He wants to b in my shoes. What's he talking crap for? Is he broke or somat?

Share |

Comment

Originally posted by acdc View Post
            lol at khans response

@faz__ kell brook give me a hiding, haha he was a weight above me when I used to be amateurs and I smacked him about. Just ask the england squad ask the coaches and boxers. He giving big talk now but when he was in camp he was quite like a mouse. He wants to b in my shoes. What's he talking crap for? Is he broke or somat?

Share |
            I am a Khan fan but he really should use a spell checker. He really does not come over well on Twitter.

Comment

brook has proved NOTHING yet. the last guy he faught was horrendous, i would have ko'd him with ease lol. quit fighting these complete bums and step up. im not a khan fan but this guy makes way too many mistakes and is nowhere near world class. khan would paste him easy.

Comment

Kell is for real but he has his hands full with Mike Jones. Thats happening right?

Amir dont need to be taking backwards steps, he has big fights with the guys in his class lined up.

Why is Kell Brook calling out a 140 pound fighter anyways? Who he think he is Andre Berto!? Infact Brook vs Berto makes a great fight!

Who would u fine gents pick, Special Kell or Andre Berto?

Comment

lol, i agree kells last opponent was horrendous and ye the mike jones fight has been postponed till summer because he is gonna have a rematch with jesus soto karas meanwhie micheal jenings is calling for a rematch...

Comment

lol @ "serious hiding"
                    Who the F uses that phrase

Comment

Working...
                    X