Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook "I Used to Give Khan A Serious Hiding In Sparring, He's Scared Of Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kell brook needs to step up a level and fight someone good at ww

Comment

i think brook is a nice fighter..dunno if he could handle khan all over him, but he could definately trouble khan with his power and the fact he's a WW

Comment

update from khan

Been speaking to kel brook. He also admits its hyped by the papers. We both agree in the future it wud be a fight but not just yet, anyway good luck to him. All cleared up and twitter to no 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
          Brook is a very good fighter but with Warren as his manager cherry picking is the most likely way his career will go in the short term. Warren seems to only put his good fighters into meaningful fights when a championship is at stake.
          Id have to do my home work on Warren's fighters to have an opinion on that so Ill take your word on it for now.

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
          He needs to face tougher opposition before we can really judge him imo. Expected him to fight better against Jennings
          Yeah all boxers need a catapult fight but our opinions of their style, agressiveness, defense and distance control give a decent gauge of where they may fit. From the 3 fights I watched, I view him as above average. A lot like when I first saw Khan as pro. If you ask me Khan is not as polished as he should be for that next step. I mean he was talking Mayweather for a minute. He limped to the end against Maidana and it made him doubt himself so mark my words, his next fight will be picked ever so carefully.

Originally posted by Jaso View Post
          Gomez hits harder than Jennings trust me. Gomez also has a good chin, I don't see Kell blowing him out.
          Brother, I refuse to argue with you about...lol...the power of Gomez unless you've taken punches from both. He does have good coordination and balance but he's easily bullied.

Comment

Kell Brook came on twitter to clear this up (fake?). And then he proceeds to call out Alvarez, Zaveck, Senchenko

Comment

Kell Brook is only being used as a tool in the vendetta that Frank Warren has against Amir Khan.

It's funny that when Ricky Hatton was a Warren fighter, Junior Witter offered Ricky a dangerous, hard fight for probably decent money and a decent scrap for the British boxing public, but nothing by way of exposure and legacy, and Warren wanted absolutely no part of it. Now he is creating the exact same scenario with these 2 fighters, with himself being on the other side this time, and all of a sudden it's acceptable in his eyes. What a lying, cheating, classless, crooked hypocrite.

IMO Khan would easily hand Brook the first defeat of his career at whatever weight class. Brook doesn't deserve the shot though at this stage, Warren knows this well enough, and he knows that Khan thinks the same. He's just trying to create an "oh, Khan is ducking this guy" scenario, trying to take the sheen off Khan's recent acheivements in the eyes of the British boxing public.

Comment

Brook is the reason Khan was brought Stateside.

Comment

khan fans are delusional.

brook at this stage would rape khan not to mention a more seasoned brook.

brook is explosive & has a very good left jab that he pumps out....

khan wouldn't be able to run with that kind of stinging left jab pumping at him.
                  Last edited by americanbot; 01-01-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Brook is a future World champion for sure.

I hope him and Khan stay apart for a while and in a couple of years time it could be a huge fight at 147.

Comment

This is what i hate about Frank warren's fighters, They would fight bums upon bums under him while looking for old fighters to vacate their title, Or they would take on old shot fighters for a belt (A.K.A Arum/Top rank) and then milk that belt till death.

While other fighters are out there doing all the hardwork they would sit at home fighting for the WBU or Interim title.

Comment

Working...
                      X