No announcement yet.

pacquiao's footwork is getting overrated to hell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Excellent choice though theres a fair few but seriously how can a guy who cant fight on the backfoot have the best footwork in boxing?
    I love the "myth" in boxing that Manny can't fight going backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by | the king | View Post
      At these so called "boxing fans"..

You guys are in the minority.. There's a reason for that.
      last time i checked the minority generally know whats going on while the masses are blind...

Comment

Originally posted by serv View Post
        Try reviewing videos of his fights, sir. I suggest you start with the ODLH fight. That fight was the firs time I saw his improved footwork. His in and out darts while moving sideways is a beauty to behold just like it is a beauty to watch floyds sweet right counter punches. Pac was turning ODLH and made the man looking bewildered at times.
        you are missing the point, was de la hoya in any way shape or form about as quick or at least had the decent speed manny to deal with? he was able to turn and work oscar around due to him being a smaller fighter and oscar being a much much slower fighter. were they impressive? arguably yes, to most casual fans but like i said, put him in there with a fighter who can keep up with speed and he wouldnt look that impressive.

You might also want to see the Hatton fight. Before you say Hatton was dumb using his face to block punches, try to go back to Hatton's videos of fights with other fighters. He was doing the same forward movements while throwing punches and was successful against most other opponents. In his fight with floyd he was doing alright with it in the first few rounds until he got figured out. Pac's very fast side to side movements negated this forward movements and it made Hatton ineffective coming forward.
        hatton tried to brawl but he accomplished something oscar should have done and that is to keep up with manny. all of a sudden, manny's clinching, holding, on the ropes and he wasnt able to turn hatton like de la hoya did. hatton fought like his usual self and exposed his usual flaws which manny capitalized on. He didn't effectively use footwork to win this fight, he used ricky's agreesiveness to win the fight.

The Cotto fight is where I saw more improvements in his lateral movements. He was throwing punches even at akward positions. There were instances when one foot wasn't even on the ground and yet he was delivering power punches. Try doing this without a fast and good footwork with the likes of Cotto and Margarito. Pac is efficient with this style because of his fast lateral movements.

These is why Floyd and Pac will be a beauty to watch if it happens. Floyd the master of fast and sweet counterpunching and Pac the akward beauty with fast lateral movements.

My opinion, sir.
        again, cotto is a forward stationary fighter. you can run circles around this guy if you have the speed and can look good doing so. The problem is when your opponent is much slower, everything you do is magnified and compared to your opponents speed.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
          hatton had a whole new team and trainer after the floyd fight and hatton was actually in mann's face the whole time it looked like manny couldn't get away from hatton and there were a few clinches in the 1st round but bayless seperated them but manny foot work didn't seem to be a factor at all to me in that fight manny actually looked bothered to me because ricky was always in his face yet at the same time the fact that ricky was right in front of him and givin manny space to punch is why manny was able to knock him out,the combination that lead to the 1st knockdown of that fight started with what people call get off me punches manny wasn't even lookin when he started to throw punches but bein that ricky was right in front of him plus the fact that ricky has never been known for his defense is the reason for manny knocking him out
          What fight? It was two rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            i haven't really seen a lot of topics or threads praising pac for his footwork so i don't know where's the "overrated to hell" is coming from.

this is just another witchhunt thread from pachaters and fanboys of you know who.
            no, but you have alot of dudes claiming he has "the best footwork" let alone better than floyd which is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
              What fight? It was two rounds!
              lol,well in the 2 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                His connect % is pretty high to me.

Besides Manny doesn't wait for an opening he creates them by punching at his opponents guard until he gets his shots in.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if your first few punches hit an opponents guard, your connect % suffers as those punches don't count. That's just apart of Manny's game and really works for him as it wears his opponents down.
                man please--who are trying to fool here kid?lol

you're see how bad his footwork is when he fights floyd--and watch how much floyd hits him at will by just his footwork alone--

josh clottey was on the ropes just playing defense and manny could have moved his feet to position himself to the side of clottey and started landing on him instead of his guard--and he couldn't do it--lol

throwing over 1000 punches, yet landing what? 20% or so---man get the hell out of here-lol

foot placement is crucial in making your opponent confused enough to take risks like moving their guard just slightly, turning and opening themselves up to vulnerable positions--i haven't seen that with manny---yes, he throws good combos, no doubt about it, but it's not his footwork---

against de la hoya, he landed some nice lead left hands against oscar who just just stood there and took them--oscar ddn't even move back at all-lol--that wasn't manny's footwork--he jumped in and out as usual and barley landed those left hand leads--all oscar had to do was slightly move back and manny wouldn't have landed any of them---or it would have taken more footwork---

like i said, manny is a great combination puncher, but his footwork isn't that good---and when he fought marquez just a couple of years ago, this couldn't have been more evident--lol

floyd's footwork is the best in boxing, and please don't make a useless joke about him running and dodging and stuff like that--look at round 6 against jmm, when he laned a counter right hand an ducked the incoming hook by marquez-that's great balance--amazing upperbody movement and footwork--it's well timed, well placed, and he did it all in 1 motion--that's just 1 example--

look when he fought judah, a technical wizard in the ring---judah has great balance and footwork and floyd moved well in that fight while moving forward and walking him down--tata baldomir isn't fast by any means, and but just looking at how floyd moved in that fight, it wouldn't matter at all if he was fast or not, floyd moved so smooth in that fight, hitting and immediately ducking punches by tata--i mean, i could go on forever with floyd--

but fighters like judah and calderon and bradley all move better than manny--just to name a few---

Comment

Originally posted by | THE KING | View Post
                  at these so called "boxing fans"..

You guys are in the minority.. there's a reason for that.
                  Countless boxing experts praise Manny for it, and athletes from various bring up the fact that is the first thing that pops out when they see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainskiBum View Post
                    last time i checked the minority generally know whats going on while the masses are blind...
                    i know right

its usually the majority that ****s everything up because they are either misinformed or just too lazy or stupid to think for themselves

theyd rather let the media and talking heads do the thinking for them

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                      I love the "myth" in boxing that Manny can't fight going backwards.

aggainst a slow plodder he can. he wont be able to against floyd like he couldnt JMM. ther eis no myth to it. its true

Comment

Working...
                      X