pacquiao's footwork is getting overrated to hell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pullcounter View Post
    lols, you lack boxing knowledge.

Running is not ring generalship. Ring generalship is maneuvering your opponent into positions where you can hit them and not get hit back. Last i checked, cotto's running didn't help him hit pac nor stop pac from hitting him.

Running is not counterpunching. When you counterpunch, you're actually punching, not just running away.

Learn more boxing before you post.
    no idiot you have claimed that floyd was a runner in the hatton fight. God you have probably called marquez a runner to from how stupid your posts are. Running was what khan did at the end of the maidana fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      His offensive footwork(balance while throwing power punches) is top notch his footwork for avoiding punches, not so much. I'd say Hopkins footwork is superior to Pacquiaos.
      He get tag because of his lack of head movement at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        Oh!

Then we can keep on going. Calderon and Chad Dawson.
        wtf.......jesus christ

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
          Oh!

Then we can keep on going. Calderon and Chad Dawson.
          Excellent choice though theres a fair few but seriously how can a guy who cant fight on the backfoot have the best footwork in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            He get tag because he lack of head movement at times.
            you can make up for a lack of head movement with foot work

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBlayze View Post
              wtf.......jesus christ
              wtf omg pwn owned noob!

Comment

Originally posted by Needles View Post
                of course you can look good against slow, stationary fighters. how many times was he out of balance when he fought marquez. Give me anyone with decent speed and someone that can keep the pace for 12 rounds and you'll see him looking human again and actually looking bad

he's fought about 6 straight similar fights where he knows he has all distance/range to work with. He can make mistakes and look good doing it because 1) his opponents are stationary and arent doing jack 2) the announcers riding his sack every minute 3) he just wildy flurries which does look good against slow fighters
                Try reviewing videos of his fights, sir. I suggest you start with the ODLH fight. That fight was the firs time I saw his improved footwork. His in and out darts while moving sideways is a beauty to behold just like it is a beauty to watch floyds sweet right counter punches. Pac was turning ODLH and made the man looking bewildered at times.

You might also want to see the Hatton fight. Before you say Hatton was dumb using his face to block punches, try to go back to Hatton's videos of fights with other fighters. He was doing the same forward movements while throwing punches and was successful against most other opponents. In his fight with floyd he was doing alright with it in the first few rounds until he got figured out. Pac's very fast side to side movements negated this forward movements and it made Hatton ineffective coming forward.

The Cotto fight is where I saw more improvements in his lateral movements. He was throwing punches even at akward positions. There were instances when one foot wasn't even on the ground and yet he was delivering power punches. Try doing this without a fast and good footwork with the likes of Cotto and Margarito. Pac is efficient with this style because of his fast lateral movements.

These is why Floyd and Pac will be a beauty to watch if it happens. Floyd the master of fast and sweet counterpunching and Pac the akward beauty with fast lateral movements.

My opinion, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Needles View Post
                  of course you can look good against slow, stationary fighters. how many times was he out of balance when he fought marquez. Give me anyone with decent speed and someone that can keep the pace for 12 rounds and you'll see him looking human again and actually looking bad

he's fought about 6 straight similar fights where he knows he has all distance/range to work with. He can make mistakes and look good doing it because 1) his opponents are stationary and arent doing jack 2) the announcers riding his sack every minute 3) he just wildy flurries which does look good against slow fighters
                  Erik Morales and MAB are slow stationary fighters? As was JMM and Miguel Cotto? And Oscar De La Hoya?

Alright. I see. Alright.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    i haven't really seen a lot of topics or threads praising pac for his footwork so i don't know where's the "overrated to hell" is coming from.

this is just another witchhunt thread from pachaters and fanboys of you know who.
                    Co-sign

I declare this as a b1tch thread. I don't believe its so high up.

Comment

the thing that's very special about pac is that he can throw power shots while being off balance. He can throw combos while moving from side to side. Name me a fighter who fights the way pac fights?? NONE!!! pac is one of a kind.

Comment

Working...
                      X