No announcement yet.

Wait a minute! Lets Stop this "Left Over" BS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
    Well it's just a ***** tactic,(which usually has no merit),when describing Pacman!!For instance they say that Oscar was a Floyd left over,when in reality he wasn't!!2 things to look at Floyd didn't son Oscar & for whatever reason he wouldn't take the rematch!!Manny didn't chose Oscar,Oscar chose him & his plans backfired!!

Then there is Hatton,no merit there either because Floyd fought Hatton at 147(Collazo proved he didn't belong there)!!But Pacman beat him at the correct weight class that he dominated!!

Now Mosley,I gotta admit,there might be some merit,because Floyd did beat him when he was the man to beat at 147!!Now for some strange reason,(cherrypicking,cough,cough),Pacman is fighting him when there are far more credible opponents out there!!
    Correct, but we couldn't blame Pac for fighting Shane, the guy needs some tune up fight like Floyd came out of retirement . But hey, anything can happen, maybe Shane will pull an upset, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_head25 View Post
      Correct, but we couldn't blame Pac for fighting Shane, the guy needs some tune up fight like Floyd came out of retirement . But hey, anything can happen, maybe Shane will pull an upset, who knows.
      What are U talking about,he had 2 in a row??We can definitely blame Pacman for fighting Mosley,U see,this is what I'm talking about!!U make a tread talking about leftovers,(obviously referring to Floyd fighting fighters 1st)!!But U try & defend Manny's cherrypicking a$$,U can't defend the pot,while calling the kettle black,that's the real problem with boxing!!Everyone knows Floyd cherrypicks,the majority of boxing fans don't like it,but Manny does the same **** & it's ok!!

Comment

Now Mosley,I gotta admit,there might be some merit,because Floyd did beat him when he was the man to beat at 147!!Now for some strange reason,(cherrypicking,cough,cough),Pacman is fighting him when there are far more credible opponents out there!!
        Seriously though, who should he fight? The only credible opponent apart from Mayweather is Berto and he'd probably get heat for taking that fight.

Comment

What are U talking about,he had 2 in a row??We can definitely blame Pacman for fighting Mosley,U see,this is what I'm talking about!!U make a tread talking about leftovers,(obviously referring to Floyd fighting fighters 1st)!!But U try & defend Manny's cherrypicking a$$,U can't defend the pot,while calling the kettle black,that's the real problem with boxing!!Everyone knows Floyd cherrypicks,the majority of boxing fans don't like it,but Manny does the same **** & it's ok!!
          So fighting a guy who will weight 160+ at fightnight will be considered tune-ups?

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
            Seriously though, who should he fight? The only credible opponent apart from Mayweather is Berto and he'd probably get heat for taking that fight.
            The only credible opponent is Berto,really??Hmmm U do realize they gave that man a jr middleweight title right??I don't think there is anyone on the planet that would be more credible than Martinez,after all he held the title right before him!!

So fighting a guy who will weight 160+ at fightnight will be considered tune-ups?
            A tune-up,is a fight against a fighter that ur normally supposed to beat & should never be billed as a mega fight on ppv!!In preparation for the mega fight!!

Comment

How many times did srr fight again?

I guess dudes are trying their best to justify this bull**** azz fight.

Comment

How come now a days in Boxing if a fighter fought a fighter that lost to other fighter became a left over? I really don't get it, since with did that **** started?
                If that's the case then all Boxers are fighting left overs since most of them already been defeated.

And since when did "if a boxer got defeated he is now shot, past prime, bum etc" started? SRR got defeated 19 times, does that make him a bum? Ali got defeated 5 times, does that make him a bum? The same on the rest of ATG that got defeated many times.

Come on people, this is boxing anything can happen. A fighter can pull an upset even he's been defeated 20 times on his past fights. And lets cut that "Left Over" crap. People who often said that BS don't know **** about boxing.

SRR won all but one of his first 80 something fights. He racked up most of his loses while his career was on the downslide. Same as Ali. This is why Lamotta and Frazier are seen as the only real legit conquerers of these two.

Do you know who Joey Archer is? Probably not, but he beat Sugar Ray Robinson. Know why no-one knows who he is? Because he beat Robinson in 1965 when Robinson was in his mid-forties.

So don't try and say "a name is a name". It's about fighting the best fighters in a division and those who are on the upswing not the downswing of their career.

For Manny Pac, which of the following fall into that category of "best in the division on the upswing":

Erik Morales
                David Diaz
                Oscar De La Hoya
                Ricky Hatton
                Miguel Cotto
                Joshua Clottey
                Antonio Margarito
                Shane Mosley

I would say none of them, and probably Hatton is the only one you could make an arguement for.

Comment

What does weight have to do with it? Read close when I say this "Skill wins fights!!" Margs has a good chin but nowhere near the skill of Pac. If you think that just because he weighed over 160 on fight night that it automatically makes him dangerous then I have a bridge to sell you cause it seems Arum and company made it look easy in fooling you.

Comment

This is another f-ckin problem I have with dudes in here. What the f-ck dies it matter what weight he comes in on fight if he makes the weight the night before. Did assigned forget when PAC fought at the lower weights he would in some cases come in at ww. Where was the bull**** then.

And let's stop this bull**** that manny is a small fighter. He been a ww for a min now and even fought at jmw. Cut that bulls1t out.

Comment

The only credible opponent is Berto,really??Hmmm U do realize they gave that man a jr middleweight title right??I don't think there is anyone on the planet that would be more credible than Martinez,after all he held the title right before him!!

Contracts are signed for the official weight-ins,not fight night weights!!Pacman fought 2 tune-ups in a row,Ur agenda is clear,U can't change what's going on,Pacman is cherrypicking,period!!
                      Alright, cherry picking or not but atleast he's still active, and even a tune up fight can backfire. But hey, I dind't create this thread for Manny/Floyd arguement, that things are being discussed a zillion times here on NSB, you might want to dig them.

Comment

Working...
                      X