No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe's thoughts on Roy Jones Jr throughout the ages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyson. View Post
    Calzaghe made a carrear out of ducking the best fighters out there.

Kelly Pavlik
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14182

Clinton Woods
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4861904.stm

Prime Roy Jones Jr
    "I could probably give Jones a tough fight, probably the best fight he's ever had," said Calzaghe. "But I know my capabilities and unless I got paid the crown jewels I wouldn't want to risk it."

Antonio Tarver
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7359696.stm

Glen Johnson
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/3646797.stm

Chad Dawson
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7743348.stm

Winky Wright
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=11559

Carl Froch- WBC mandatory, Calzaghe stripped for refusing to fight him.

Robert Stieglitz- IBF mandatory, Calzaghe stripped for refusing to fight him.

Robin Reid rematch- Many had Reid winning, Calzaghe refused a rematch.

Bernard Hopkins rematch-Many had b-hop winning, calzaghe refuseda rematch.

That is just some of the fighters he ducked, theres loads more.
    post of the month, .

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Prior to 2004, Joe Calzaghe stated several times that he had no interest in fighting Roy Jones.
      yeah. I hope that I outlive him to see him die.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
        Yawn....

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
        Yawn......
        yeah go ahead yawn. Just like he rest of us have yawned when watching Calzaghe slap.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          I hope you were being sarcastic. Joe is a fraud. He knew he was a bum and didn't stand a chance against world class opponents, thats why he decided not to fight them or wait till they become old. Plus, he never had that conqueror mentality that many greats in the past had to fight for glory i.e. fight in the U.S.

it's true that he was easily intimidated(the proof is the build-up to the lacy fight where joe wanted to pull out with an imaginary injury)

but no, i was'nt being sarcastic, he probabley did say that considering his other comments(about the crown jewels etc) but no, i was'nt trying to be sarcastic when i posted that, i just can't imagine people actually using the word shot in relevance to a fighter in real life, dunno why

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatAli View Post
            Calzaghe is far greater than Amir Khan will ever be.
            Amir is already greater than Calzaghe.

Amir has that conqueror mentality to fight for glory. Thats why he went to the US at such a young age in the beginning of his career to chase glory. He gets mad respect from boxing fans for that. Calzaghe will never get that true respect.

Comment

Calzaghe never stepped up. His biggest challenge was undefeated Kessler.

Comment

CALZAGHE AFRAID OF JEFF LACY - PART 1

JONES JR

"Lacy wins, and I'll tell you why. One of the main factors that would lead to a Lacy win is Calzaghe's heart.

"I'm not saying Calzaghe dosen't have heart, I'm saying he has too much!

"When Lacy nails Calzaghe and hurts him then Joe will try to get payback, and then he will be open to really get hurt - which he will."

TONEY

"Joe Calzaghe-Jeff Lacy is a mismatch. Lacy is going to destroy that boy. He's too strong, he's a fighter - he's proved himself.

"Calzaghe never did anything. He beat Chris Eubank nine years ago, but what has he done since then? He's a joke, that's why he keeps pulling out of fights.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out of this one. Everybody in the UK is over-protected, but Lacy will be OK, because he's a fighter."

CALZAGHE AFRAID OF KESSLER - PART 2

Lets face it wazza, you've never seen Calzaghe fights with Lacy or Kessler, right?

You are a frigging noob after all, you should do your homework before coming out with such crap.

Comment

CALZAGHE AFRAID OF JEFF LACY - PART 1

JONES JR

"Lacy wins, and I'll tell you why. One of the main factors that would lead to a Lacy win is Calzaghe's heart.

"I'm not saying Calzaghe dosen't have heart, I'm saying he has too much!

"When Lacy nails Calzaghe and hurts him then Joe will try to get payback, and then he will be open to really get hurt - which he will."

TONEY

"Joe Calzaghe-Jeff Lacy is a mismatch. Lacy is going to destroy that boy. He's too strong, he's a fighter - he's proved himself.

"Calzaghe never did anything. He beat Chris Eubank nine years ago, but what has he done since then? He's a joke, that's why he keeps pulling out of fights.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out of this one. Everybody in the UK is over-protected, but Lacy will be OK, because he's a fighter."

CALZAGHE AFRAID OF KESSLER - PART 2

Lets face it wazza, you've never seen Calzaghe fights with Lacy or Kessler, right?

You are a frigging noob after all, you should do your homework before coming out with such crap.
                  You act like Kessler and Lacy are a HOF'ers or something. One is a good fighter the other is something less than that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    You act like Kessler and Lacy are a HOF'ers or something. One is a good fighter the other is something less than that.
                    Care to tell me your Calzaghe vs Lacy prediction?

Comment

Care to tell me your Calzaghe vs Lacy prediction?
                      Calzaghe by UD. Posted on 15rounds.com years ago when I first began writing, preceded by a pretty lengthy article on how Joe was underrated. Anything else?

Comment

Working...
                      X