Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe's thoughts on Roy Jones Jr throughout the ages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why all the hate on Calzaghe, he may not be an P4P ATG but he is deffo one for his division.

Comment

Yes but Calzaghe made a ton of money fighting Jones. And it was an easy night's work.

Comment

So a fighter said some things that bit him in the ass when his agenda changed later. Happens all the time. Joe knows Roy was nothing but a name when he beat him.

Comment

Original Poster -didn't khan say something about fighting past prime fighters???????

Comment

Never knew this, And i alway believe Joe would have beaten the earlier version of RJJ Damn!!!

Comment

Anyone that beats Jones past 2004 its really a meaningless victory. Tarver, Johnson ruined Jones....**** Jones did even better than expected against Calzaghe...I had him up after the first 6 rounds...

The 90's Jones....would have ****in killed Calzaghe and Bernard is my favorite fighter but i would have favored Jones to beat him too by close UD.

Comment

Originally posted by FERNZ View Post
                Anyone that beats Jones past 2004 its really a meaningless victory. Tarver, Johnson ruined Jones....**** Jones did even better than expected against Calzaghe...I had him up after the first 6 rounds...

The 90's Jones....would have ****in killed Calzaghe and Bernard is my favorite fighter but i would have favored Jones to beat him too by close UD.
                co-sign....Roy would ALWAYS win that chess match imo

Comment

why you hating? all it took to remain undefeated was easy title defenses, paid off referees, early stoppages, gift decisions, pulling out of fights he might lose, ducking anyone good for ten years, cherry picking old names, phantom power, phantom injuries, and delusional fans. go easy on him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    why you hating? all it took to remain undefeated was easy title defenses, paid off referees, early stoppages, gift decisions, pulling out of fights he might lose, ducking anyone good for ten years, cherry picking old names, phantom power, phantom injuries, and delusional fans. go easy on him.
                    green k, .

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                      June 1st, 1999
                      Joe Calzaghe quoted directly in the Daily Mirror newspaper

From Joe's own autobiography, published in 2007.

Tarver and Johnson fought Jones in 2004, and Calzaghe says he was shot then... then Joe fights him FOUR YEARS later.

, Calzaghe is by far the biggest bum and biggest fraud in boxing history that I know of.

PS: I've copied this from another thread at some other boxing forum. I found the things he posted very interesting so I decided to share it with you guys.
                      This brings back memories!

Comment

Working...
                      X