No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis reconsidering Vitali rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scap
    I would be shocked if LL came back....of all the years he has fought the biggest strength that Lennox possessed was his brain. He is easily the smartest heavyweight champ in the last two decades (might not be saying that much)...had Bowe had Lewis's brain he probably could have milked out a few more years as a champ...

Maybe there is fire still in him...maybe that fire can only come out at ringside while watching the HW championship...it is quite possible that he went home and thought too himself...what the **** did I just say-no way Im comming back or...

There is a good reason why Manny Steward works closely with the Klitchkos and in the next year the game plan against VK will have already been drawn up long in advance.

....That's something I may be starting to buy into. The idea of Manny being a kind of plant or double agent. What a great conspiracy theory that makes. Is that Don King peaking from behind the bank depository building? Who is that standing on the grassy knoll BTW?

Comment

Dunno about that been true or not but a prime lewis would have kill vitaly IMO.

Comment

Vitali is entertaining....I don't know what the heck you are talking about. He doesn't back off and clutch people like Ruiz. He doesn't hit you will little jabs then duck away like Byrd. He has put some serious hurt on his opponents and forced some of them to retire. I think Vitali has more power than you think, and I think he doesn't go for the knockout blow because he has faced heavier, more dangerous opponents, who can take a lot of punishment, like Sanders and Williams. I think had he gone for broke he might have knocked them out earlier, but let's face it, Vitali has won all but one of his 35 fights by KO or TKO. That is what fans want.

Comment

there are two different thoughts:

1) if he comes back and loses, or only narrowly wins in unimpressive style then his legacy is tarnished

2) if he wins well then the uncertainty surrounding whether he would have lost to vitali the first time would be eclipsed, and he would be regarded the finest heavyweight of his generation.

on balance i reckon the first is more likely.

Comment

why shouldn't he...........earn heaps to fight a hopeless frankenstein........danny williams was right in saying that if klitschko wasn't so tall, he would never have been heard of............and lewis being near his height, would make it an easy pay day..........have you ever seen klitschko throw a three punch "co-ordinated" combination?? of course not..........

Comment

lets just hope he returns ...whether he tarnishes his career or not i couldn't care less but that would be one fight i would be dying to see..

Comment

i would love to see klitschko/lewis rematch. that fight was very exciting and it would finally shut lewis up. if they did fight a second time and lewis lost would he still have beat evey opponent he faced or what they consider it a loss since lewis would beat klitschko before their second fight?

Comment

Yep he is trying to kick vks ass.

Comment

Lewis doesnt stand a chance

Comment

he will do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X