No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is soooo disgusting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
    marquez, berto would definitely be a better fight. lets say that they wont fight berto cause he cant draw flies to **** which is a known fact, how about marquez? yes jmm was demanding a guaranteed purse of $5m but they could have at least tried to negotiate more with jmm. i also think that a pac-jmm trilogy can make more money if not as much as a pac-mosley fight given the right promotion but this fight i dont know how they will promote

I still think Sugar @ 147 is better than Manny's last fight..........

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
      I still think Sugar @ 147 is better than Manny's last fight..........

Yep..picking mosley is a cheap move but shane has a better chance than alotta people think.. if shane lands a few good punches, all the moneys gone

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        This is the first time I would disagree with you TR. Fans dont always see what's up in the business. Because they paying to watch. And dont say that thing that new fans know nothing about the sport of boxing. With the way you say it, you're no different to Floyd Sr when he said, 'they dont know **** bout boxin'
        My remarks werent about the business side of boxing rather to those I who think:

1. Fighters fight elite competition each and every fight
        2. Fighters just rip through weight classes like nothing. These fools think Manny is obligated to fight MW or he is a coward
        3. Manny is should drop to 135 and then go back up to WW on his next fight. If he fought Marquez at LW that's exactly what he would be doing.

The comment I made was in reference to people, ala No Ceilings, who make flaming remarks and show no understanding on how boxing works. If you just have casually followed the sport for a while you would realize how ridiculous some of the expectations of Manny are.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
          this is just bull**** after bull****. first margarito, then mosley. team pac could have tried negotiating more with marquez. pac always says that he fights to make the boxing fans happy, who the *** is happy with this fight?
          Man I don't like this fight as well and I understand your fustration.

I was hoping Berto and Mosley would have fought this past fall or Williams would have beaten Martinez and came to 147 but neither of those happened.

I have no doubt Manny's next fight would be great and when you add to the fact that he changed his mind on retiring soon, this fight is a lot easier to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
            I don't see how it's that bad.

You guys are acting like he doesn't deserve a tune up at all. I mean the last time he fought Diaz........everyone was acting like he was a bum.

I mean what the ****? Is he supposed to fight Klitschko after Mosley?

Why is it, that he has to fight the top fighter in every weight division in every single fight? Get real.
            The only top fighter he fought in a division since moving up from Super Featherweight was Ricky Hatton. And it's debatable whether Hatton was the true #1 at the time.

Comment

It's because this will be his 3rd bullshit fight in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                So, this is a tune-up now? On PPV? In May?

Comment

See I believe Mosley is a very tough and dangerous fight for Manny. It is all about styles and Manny can and does get hit. He is not nearly as elusive in the pocket as Mayweather. So in one sense it is a good fight to have. My issue is that Mosley does not deserve a fight due to his last two performances. If he had another fight, looked good in it, then yes I would be fine with it.

I also believe that any Champ who is held in high regard, should be obligated to fight some established young guns so they also can make a name of themselves. That is needed to help maintain the sport. The Berto's and Bradley's are established enough to deserve a shot. Mosley had his day in the sun.

Comment

I don't see how it's that bad.

You guys are acting like he doesn't deserve a tune up at all. I mean the last time he fought Diaz........everyone was acting like he was a bum.

I mean what the ****? Is he supposed to fight Klitschko after Mosley?

Why is it, that he has to fight the top fighter in every weight division in every single fight? Get real.
                    Because he's coming off a BS fight. Antonio Margarito was his BS fight. As the pound for pound #1 guy he's supposed to keep the legacy going.

When Oscar De La Hoya fought these type of opponents (marg, moes) he sandwiched them in between SUPER FIGHTS.

You don't call yourself the #1 guy while fighting the likes of Clottey, Margarito and Mosley in back to back fights.

That's equivalent to Floyd (in 2011) fighting MARGARITO, ABREGU and MORA in back to back fights. The boxing public would not accept that.

But because it's Pac from da Phillipines it's A-OK!

Comment

All three, generally regarded as top 5 + junior/welterweights. Easily.........and there is no other way of slicing that.

No matter what you type, you're just Wrong.
                      No, YOU'RE WRONG! Margarito wasn't considered top 5 anything when he fought Pac. He was barely top 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X