154lb tournament? Whats wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 154lb tournament? Whats wrong?

154 is STACKED.

From up and comers to champions to contenders to veterans, theres alot of talent at 154, more then any other division in boxing.

Why hasnt a tournament been considered.

Why dont people mention or recognize this division as much as 140lb.

Personally, i think they just need to man up.

Here's a list of all the talent at 154 and whats wrong with them.

1.Miguel Cotto- After a busy 2009 he dissappeared, only fighting once in 2010. A good win for Miguel, and although the break hes taking is well deserved, he should be fighting atleast 2 times a year. The inactivity is only hurting him.

2. Shane Mosley- Although he doesnt deserve the pacquiao fight, like cotto- he earned the right throughout the years to say his fight with pacquiao will atleast be competitive. Win or lose will we see mosley fight again, doubt it.

3. Alfredo Angulo- Is el perro still alive? Similar to Mayweaher, legal problems are keeping this young lion out of the ring. At the prime age of 28, he needs to get back in the ring ASAP.

4. Vanes Martirosyan- After a horrible 2010, Vanes needs to show hes champion worthy in february against TBA. With youth on his side, instead of calling out names he wont get, he should be calling for a tournament.

5. Kermit Cintron- Instead of leaping through ropes Kermit should get his ass back in the ring. As much as you might hate him the dude has skills. His pop and experience is a threat to anyone at 154. Mental problems would keep this clown out of a tournament.

6. Cornelius Bundrage- Having lost 4 times, hes experienced defeat before. He's only learned from those losses, which has helped him become the IBF world champion. With a belt around his waist he brings more to the tournament.

7. Serhiy Dzinziruk- A WBO title, a pretty record and a nice jab is what Dzinziruk brings to the table. He had his first fight in 2years last may. It'd be interesting to see how Dzinziruk can hang with the big boys.

8. Sechew Powell - Sechew was impressive in his rematch win over Deandre Latimore earlier this year. Showing improvement over the years Sechew is definitely a threat at 154.

(If Needed) Replacements- Yuri Foreman, Pawel Wolak, Ryan Rhodes, Erislandy Lara.

Originally posted by ALLBOXING247 View Post
    154 is STACKED.

From up and comers to champions to contenders to veterans, theres alot of talent at 154, more then any other division in boxing.

Why hasnt a tournament been considered.

Why dont people mention or recognize this division as much as 140lb.

Personally, i think they just need to man up.

Here's a list of all the talent at 154 and whats wrong with them.

1.Miguel Cotto- After a busy 2009 he dissappeared, only fighting once in 2010. A good win for Miguel, and although the break hes taking is well deserved, he should be fighting atleast 2 times a year. The inactivity is only hurting him.

2. Shane Mosley- Although he doesnt deserve the pacquiao fight, like cotto- he earned the right throughout the years to say his fight with pacquiao will atleast be competitive. Win or lose will we see mosley fight again, doubt it.

3. Alfredo Angulo- Is el perro still alive? Similar to Mayweaher, legal problems are keeping this young lion out of the ring. At the prime age of 28, he needs to get back in the ring ASAP.

4. Vanes Martirosyan- After a horrible 2010, Vanes needs to show hes champion worthy in february against TBA. With youth on his side, instead of calling out names he wont get, he should be calling for a tournament.

5. Kermit Cintron- Instead of leaping through ropes Kermit should get his ass back in the ring. As much as you might hate him the dude has skills. His pop and experience is a threat to anyone at 154. Mental problems would keep this clown out of a tournament.

6. Cornelius Bundrage- Having lost 4 times, hes experienced defeat before. He's only learned from those losses, which has helped him become the IBF world champion. With a belt around his waist he brings more to the tournament.

7. Serhiy Dzinziruk- A WBO title, a pretty record and a nice jab is what Dzinziruk brings to the table. He had his first fight in 2years last may. It'd be interesting to see how Dzinziruk can hang with the big boys.

8. Sechew Powell - Sechew was impressive in his rematch win over Deandre Latimore earlier this year. Showing improvement over the years Sechew is definitely a threat at 154.

(If Needed) Replacements- Yuri Foreman, Pawel Wolak, Ryan Rhodes, Erislandy Lara.
    I been talking about this division.

I dissagree with these names.

Powell, Cintron, K9, Vanes and Mosley dont belong here.

Williams
    Cotto
    Sergeiy
    Foreman
    Lara
    Angulo

Those are the only 6 needed for a tourney.

Comment

i like your thoughts on this. but with bob arum in charge of cotto you can forget about any tournament happening. and at 140 thier is no "official tournament" happening..

Comment

Cant leave out Paul...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          Cant leave out Paul...
          Well, i dont think Pauls looking to have any big fights anytime soon. Actually he prob is, but Goosen wont let him.

Comment

Well, i dont think Pauls looking to have any big fights anytime soon. Actually he prob is, but Goosen wont let him.
            Paul wants to fight Martinez again.

K9 just called him out so Goosen may make that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              I been talking about this division.

I dissagree with these names.

Powell, Cintron, K9, Vanes and Mosley dont belong here.

Williams
              Cotto
              Sergeiy
              Foreman
              Lara
              Angulo

Those are the only 6 needed for a tourney.
              Lara would be great, i put him on the replacement list cause i dont think hes ready yet.

Comment

Paul would tell you, you couldnt be anymore wrong.

Comment

i dont know about stacked but theres definitly nothing wrong with the idea...

Comment

angulo wins it.

Comment

Working...
                    X