Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Knocks Tapia Out in Three Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Golvkin would offer to move up and fight Lucian Bute.

He would KO him just like he did in the amateurs.

Bute of course would probably refuse to fight him. It looks like Bute has yet another stumblebum lined up for March. Why not Golovkin?

FF to 2:55 to see fake ass Calzaghe get iced by one shot while trying to throw his patented uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Gennady Golovkin (20-0, 17 KOs), one of two top Kazakh fighters around, had some easy work with WBA #4 Colombian Nilson Julio Tapia (14-3-1, 10 KOs) by knocking him out in three rounds to retain his WBA "regular" middleweight title for the first time.

Tapia was stopped for the first time in his career. Golovkin, who gave a great present f to local fans on Kazakh Independence Day, will now face WBA interim champion Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam in a partial unification next. Felix Sturm is the "super champion" under the WBA at middleweight. [Click Here To Read More]
      So let me get something straight here, the WBA has 3 middleweight champions? This has to be a typo or something...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        So let me get something straight here, the WBA has 3 middleweight champions? This has to be a typo or something...

Khan-Maidana FOTY BG?

You really think so?

I mean it was a good fight, I went to it, and it did not occur to me once that I was watching a FOTY type fight.

Not enough consistent back and forth action for me. High drama in the 10th, but other than that it hardly got my blood going.

Comment

golovkin would beat the crab out of N'Jikam,who will do all he can to avoid this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Khan-Maidana FOTY BG?

You really think so?

I mean it was a good fight, I went to it, and it did not occur to me once that I was watching a FOTY type fight.

Not enough consistent back and forth action for me. High drama in the 10th, but other than that it hardly got my blood going.
            My choice for FOTY is Soto-Antillon but the Khan-Maidana fight is a very close runner up. I thought Maidana was getting totally outclassed portions of the fight, only to land some big shots to get himself back into the fight. I thought the momentum changed numerous times and it was very exciting to watch. It was also a very stark contrast in fighting styles which made it interesting as well. At times Maidana looked very crude and incapable of winning but he made his style really work for him..

Comment

In other news: "Former Soviets continue to dominate all weight classes in boxing..."

Comment

Although Golovkin struggled a bit in the 2nd round, he made some adjustments and scored nice KO with 3-punch combo. I hope H'jikam won't back out from fight again.

Comment

forget about these self-proclaimed *most avoided fighters*

Golovkin is by far the most feared guy around.

Comment

Originally posted by MAЯA View Post
                    forget about these self-proclaimed *most avoided fighters*

Golovkin is by far the most feared guy around.
                    One of the best prospects out there,cant wait too see him against some of the big names

Comment

until he got his court settled with Universum no one needs to fear him because he cant fight anywhere aside from Kazakhstan or Panama

Comment

Working...
                      X