No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Badly Hurt, Holds On To Beat Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    maidana won! that was some roach arum bullsiaat decision!!! no way khan won that fight he looked great early no more.....maidana 100%%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    khan was promoted by GBP you ignorant ****ing hater

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
      khan vs bradley is a toss up, i don't know if khan can run away from bradly to survive.
      tim doesnt have the power to hurt khan like maidana did. amir beats bradley imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
        I thought Maidana got fucking robbed big time. Outside of that body shot that knocked him down, he was always taking it to Khan and Amir was running for his life. I mean, I give Khan credit for silencing critics about him ducking big punchers and all that. But somebody try to tell me that he didn't stink the joint out in the last several rounds by constantly running and pot shotting and trying to survive. Every punch Maidana threw it seemed like it bobbled Khan's head around and the only times Maidana seemed hurt was when Khan caught him totally flat footed.

Khan needs to rematch the dude or he gets nothing from me.
        Cos your opinion means so much to him.

He won 8-4 on my card. A clear victory.

Comment

• Cortez should never referee again. He clearly was favoring kahn. That said, can might have won the fight nut maidana won our respect once again. Cannot say the same for kahn he defenitely lost more respect , if he had any to begin with.

Comment

• Give Khan his props. He out boxed Maidana. Lederman scorecard was on point. Maidana did not get robbed. Why everyone wanted Cortes to stop it in the 11th. He made a good choice in not stopping it. He survived and won a good decision. Bradley beats Alexander. Khan stops Bradley and is crowned the best boxer @ 140.

Comment

• Oops i meant 10th. If Khan was done in the 10th then he would have hit the canvas but he didnt. Only haters wanted it stopped in the 10th. Good job NOT stopping it in the 10TH!
              Last edited by RR_1988; 12-12-2010, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• LOL at the haters.

They're like an army retreating from one rallying point to the next.

Previously it was "Khan has a glass chin and will get smoked" - now "Khan is nowhere near elite/will be destroyed by Bradley/Alexander" etc. etc.

Here's the deal. Khan is unquestionably #1 at this division. Bradley is an excellent fighter with no real weaknesses - but he's outgunned by Khan's speed and power.

This was a defining fight for Khan and he'll learn a huge amount from it. It's clear that he WANTED to trade with Maidana in order to silence the doubters. With that out of the way he can now concentrate on fine-tuning his game and employing his freakish skills to the maximum. I can't see anyone living with him at this weight.

Perhaps he'll fight Marquez next. Props to JM for his gutsy display against Katsidis. But Khan will rip him to shreds and perhaps inflict a bigger defeat than Mayweather's.

But let the haters, whiners and cry-babies continue. It's hilarious watching them squirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                  tim doesnt have the power to hurt khan like maidana did. amir beats bradley imo
                  I disagree.

Bradley can stun and hurt Khan.

He has the speed to land.

That overhand right can buckle anyone at 140.

I don't think he can finish him though.

Comment

• Khan landed 273 of 603 punches (45 percent), according to CompuBox statistics while Maidana was credited with landing 156 of 767 (20 percent).

Comment

• Wow...recorded the fight and just watched it muted...Awesome fight!!!

I've been watching fights for over thirty years and this ranks with the some of the best I've seen... real throwback - Only thing missing was the 13,14 & 15...BTW, I think Maidana would have knocked him out if they were still going 15 rounds...

Both guys had great moments of momentum and displayed crazy heart when many would have easily packed it in.

Thought Khan pulled hit out by a hair...He simply won more rounds - and the extra point for the knockdown and deducted point didn't hurt...Now, an argument can be made that a few more of the later rounds could have been scored 10-8 in favor of Maidana...Khan was literally hanging on for dear life in the championship rounds.

Great Fight...Can't wait to Khan's next fight...Hell, I can't wait to see Maidana again!!!

Peace Mo!

Comment

Working...
                      X