Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Cant Goldenboy Host Stadium Cards Like Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Cant Goldenboy Host Stadium Cards Like Top Rank?

Can someone tell me if Goldenboy has infact ever hosted a card at a stadium or is that something that only Top Rank can pull off?

I like Top Ranks card at the Cowboys Stadium in Texas, Goldenboy could never have a venue like that, Goldenboy seem to prefer the usual places, MGM, Mandalay, Staples, MSG. I cant recall if they have ever tried to host a card at a stadium. Perhaps they just dont have any fighters that can fill a stadium ala Pacquiao.

Goldenboy is on the slide Mosley has left, Hopkins is thinking about leaving, Mayweather isnt fighting, Oscar is retired, Ortiz is rebuilding, Canelo is out there holding up the Goldenboy along with one or two other fighters, Yet they sign people like Paulie Malignaggi. Oscar lost millions on Ortiz who quit like a dog against Maidana and Oscar has been reduced to handing out turkeys at schools with his fighters to get media attention.

I feel bad for Oscar and Goldenboy, There quality fighters that they had are either aged, retiring, legal issues and thier young prospects quit or get knocked out.

Oscar is meant to be the Mexican American Goldenboy, So why cant he host a fight at the Cowboys stadium in Texas, A state that has lots of Mexicans? Does Goldenboy lack the fighters or the foresight, Or worse does it lack both?

isn't Canelo already doing stadium fights in Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      isn't Canelo already doing stadium fights in Mexico?
      Wont be suprised in Mexico, But I meant in the USA, why cant GBP host stadium fights? Does it lack the fighters who are a draw or they just dont have the intelligence and tact to be able to pull a stadium fight off?

Comment

because Goldenboy doesn't have the experience of Bob Arum and Todd Deboeff

Comment

because they don't have a pacquiao.

Comment

yeah, GBP are great at putting decent fights together, they need to get into the stadiums

Comment

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
              or cotto

Comment

Heck, Gary Shaw and Don King are putting a stadium show on in January (Pontiac Silverdome), but not because they really want to. It's because the Silverdome supposedly offered $500k+ to host it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
                  Well said

btw im diggn that sig pic, carls GF is waaaay to hot

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                    or cotto

To be fair Cotto did about the same attendance in Yankee stadium that he did in MSG the last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                    X