Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM's Record Vs Pacquiao's last 5 opponents? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are very extreme opinions on both sides of the fence in this thread, however IMO most of NSB is in the ball park with this one.

Comment

JMM has put on great performances in his past couple of fights but he also shows his age. Juan Diaz pulled him into a brawl, Katsidis pulled him into a brawl, and Mayweather showed he has no place fighting above 135.

All of these guys I have beating JMM except for Hatton, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if Hatton could win.

Cotto, Marg, and Clottey would completely eat JMM up.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        JMM has put on great performances in his past couple of fights but he also shows his age. Juan Diaz pulled him into a brawl, Katsidis pulled him into a brawl, and Mayweather showed he has no place fighting above 135.

All of these guys I have beating JMM except for Hatton, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if Hatton could win.

Cotto, Marg, and Clottey would completely eat JMM up.
        How do you see DLH/JMM playing out?

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
          This is why you cannot use the Katisdis fight as a gauge since JMM took the right to him to make it more exciting and he went to stop him, JMM wouldn’t allow Margarito to corner him like Pacman was. He will confuse him with his unbelievable boxing skills, Margarito is slower than Katisdis and wouldn’t be able to land.
          UNBELIEVABLE BOXING SKILLS? who has? Marquez? GTFO! Marquezz get hit a lot.; has not much of a footwork. all he has is a good counter punch. not even a lot of power.

Hatton was more successful against FLoyd. Once Hatton land his best shot which will happen a lot more times, Marquez wouldgo down. Cotto would kill him. if Cotto can beat Mosley who was a lot faster than Marquez i dont see any problem against Marquez. Margarito will murder Marquez inside 5 rounds. Katsidis hurt him, what more if Margarito land his best shot? he has zero chance against Clottey, who has a power, good counter puncher and a great chin.

get over it. JMM is overrated. he cant even dominate any good fighters on his best weight. he went 12 rounds against Chris John, 12 rounds against a one dimentional Pac in 126 lbs and lost a close split decision against Pac in 130 lbs which was his best weight. if Marquez was really good he should be dominating good/great opponents.

Comment

I made a mistake. I voted 4-1, it should be 1-4.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
              How do you see DLH/JMM playing out?
              That fight is hard to really judge because I really don't know what was the bigger factor in making Oscar look horrible in the DLH - Pac fight, DLH weight draining or Pac's speed.

Either way I don't think JMM has the tools to pull out the win against Oscar at WW so I would pick Oscar by UD.

Comment

He had beaten THAT DLH (how could he not have) and Hatton.

Lost vs Cotto, Margarito and Clottey. JMM is too small for the weightclass.

With that said, i still think he would beat Pacquiao at 135. Pacquiao just handles the larger weight better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  I made a mistake. I voted 4-1, it should be 1-4.
                  You're the second poster to vote 4-1 by mistake. So JMM actually has 3 votes for 4-1 currently. Hmm this is like the scorecard from Pac/Jmm 1.. He's no stranger to benefitting from typos it appears! Kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    That fight is hard to really judge because I really don't know what was the bigger factor in making Oscar look horrible in the DLH - Pac fight, DLH weight draining or Pac's speed.

Either way I don't think JMM has the tools to pull out the win against Oscar at WW so I would pick Oscar by UD.
                    I know DLH was not 100%, but people totally dismiss Pacquiao's movement. DLH didn't completely lose his jab b/c he wasn't 100%. That was mostly the result of Pacquiao's movement and punching. Once DLH lost the jab, the rest of his offense went down like dominoes.. JMM would have thrown some nice counterpunching at DLH, but he wouldn't have been nearly as mobile. IMO this is the toughest fight to judge of the 5.

Comment

some of you guys even voted 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. thats just wow and at the same time pathetic.

how come we havent seen Marquez fought higher than 135 lbs if he was really that good? the REAL competition was in 140 lbs and 147 lbs. how come he was never considered fighting Cotto, Margarito, Berto, and some of those 140 lbs guys if he was really that good? he can make more money fighting Marg or Cotto or even Quintana instead of fighting Diaz and Katsidis right? and better competition? more money and better resume. JMM is overrated. he couldnt even beat a past prime Barrera convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X