No announcement yet.

Just Watched Calzaghe vs Hopkins again with my eyes open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    all the punches thrown were in it. only dead space where no one was throwing was cut out. so you agree hopkins won it thank you.
    Not really because the moments you replayed over and over again wasnt all that happened in the fight and thats why Bhop lost cuz he got bytch slapped to a decission watch someone make a video replaying all d times Bhop got slapped in slow mo and is gna be as dramatic and convincing as you tried to make this look . My advice to anyone in Doubt Watch the fight MUTE the volume and make your own decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      Not really because the moments you replayed over and over again wasnt all that happened in the fight and thats why Bhop lost cuz he got bytch slapped to a decission watch someone make a video replaying all d times Bhop got slapped in slow mo and is gna be as dramatic and convincing as you tried to make this look . My advice to anyone in Doubt Watch the fight MUTE the volume and make your own decision.
      i showed all the punches. we missed out on some awesome footwork and them staring at each other you are right about that.

even with overwhelming factual evidence some people will never accept the truth. humans are very stubborn.

Comment

When this first happened, and all the way up to the Radio Jones/Hopkins confrontation, I was screaming as loud as daggum was, but I've been let it go, because knowing who won in my head is enough and I think this single utterance by Bernard did more damage than anything in the ring by the end of that night.

"I'll never let a white boy beat me."

Fight became racial after that, no close decision would've went Hopkins' way. First and last thing people talked about up to the bout.. everything was tense, judging can be argued as racial preference by the closing considering the atmosphere.. ugly ugly circumstances. Even if it wasn't the case, all the elements are there for jobbing Hopkins.

His hot headedness cost him imo. Now if he made it an American vs. a U.K.'er thing, I think he gets the decision. Always go nationality vs. ..not race

You can argue the same thing cost Larry Holmes a 49-0 record too. Dumb ass boxers sometimes. Leave race out of it.

Comment

Can you edit together a highlight video where it looks like Shannon Briggs beat Vitali Klitschko as well?

The British Slapmaster won fair and square on enemy territory.

Comment

for those who want to watch an exciting controversial fight watch all 6 parts of this.

Comment

I want a second fight as much as I would like Pacquiao v Mayweather. To be honest.

Comment

For what it's worth, I gave the fight to Hopkins. I can see why they wouldn't want Hopkins to win though. He was getting old. He wasn't "entertaining" enough to watch for most fight fans. It was time for him to step down and let the younger, flashier guys take the stage.

What's ironic is that Hopkins is still fighting while Calzaghe has retired.

Edit: And Hopkins made racist comments. That probably didn't help him either.

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanGrill View Post
                  For what it's worth, I gave the fight to Hopkins. I can see why they wouldn't want Hopkins to win though. He was getting old. He wasn't "entertaining" enough to watch for most fight fans. It was time for him to step down and let the younger, flashier guys take the stage.

What's ironic is that Hopkins is still fighting while Calzaghe has retired.

Edit: And Hopkins made racist comments. That probably didn't help him either.
                  i don't think they were ever going to let hopkins win that fight if you look at the official scorecards of the judges. some of the judges had calzaghe winning rounds 2, 3, and 4 and he didn't even land any clean punches in some of those rounds. is calzaghe the next willie pep?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
                    Do you know what the saddest thing about this is?

Someone actually had enough time and went to the effort of making that
                    downright delusional, isn't it

Comment

Hopkins didn't do ****. Land 1 right hand a round, fake low blows, head butt and clinch.

Comment

Working...
                      X