No announcement yet.

Just Watched Calzaghe vs Hopkins again with my eyes open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    please explain how it's biased? it's showing how hopkins is the one landing the clean punches while calzaghe is missing. how else is it possible to show this without replays? some people like yourself obviously miss the punches he's landing and this helps you to see them. the videos also show calzaghe's punches and how he doesn't land. how is it biased because calzaghe was missing? that's what happened! it's pointless to debate with someone who refuses to factor in evidence when making judgements. you keep believing in something that didn't happen.
    The actual fight is what you score the fight on though, you watch the fight and what you see you score. I scored Calzaghe winning, you disagree.

Before you watched this video though, what was your scorecard?

Comment

• once again i have to strongly urge you to actually watch the videos before commenting. if you don't watch the videos the same old he outworked him, he made him fake low blows platitudes are going to be regurgitated and we will get nowhere. the videos are not biased in any way. it replays all the punches landed no matter who landed it. it just so happens that hopkins was landing everything good for the majority of the fight but calzaghe does have his share of clean punches mostly towards the end of the fight. pointing out who landed clean punches and who didn't is biased? ignoring this evidence would be biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by toysale View Post
        The actual fight is what you score the fight on though, you watch the fight and what you see you score. I scored Calzaghe winning, you disagree.

yes and now you can watch the fight and see what is actually happening. some people don't watch fights closely and think calzaghe is landing. i never thought he was landing and had hopkins clearly winning when i watched it live. 7 or 8 rounds if i remember.

Comment

• Daggum, you're one of my favorites, but you have to let this go man. Hopkins was looking to quit in the fight multiple times.

That alone tells you he lost it. It was a nasty fight to watch, but Joe simply outworked him and made Poopkins look his age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
            Daggum, you're one of my favorites, but you have to let this go man. Hopkins was looking to quit in the fight multiple times.

That alone tells you he lost it. It was a nasty fight to watch, but Joe simply outworked him and made Poopkins look his age.
            i didn't see him looking to quit. i saw him being a drama queen like he always is. look at his old fights against robert allen and echols. he's always done this kind of thing. just because he started being a pansy in the last couple rounds doesn't take away the fact he won 6 out of the first 8 rounds. people only want calzaghe to win because they don't like the way hopkins conducted himself. they throw out all the actual boxing and only decide on emotion.
            Last edited by daggum; 12-04-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              i didn't see him looking to quit. i saw him being a drama queen like he always is. look at his old fights against robert allen and echols. he's always done this kind of thing. just because he started being a pansy in the last couple rounds doesn't take away the fact he won 6 out of the first 8 rounds. people only want calzaghe to win because they don't like the way hopkins conducted himself. they throw out all the actual boxing and only decide on emotion.
              I didn't care about either guy, so I had no emotion attached to it. I know Joe didn't land everything he threw, but for me, Hopkins is the one who looked more uncomfortable with the situation and Joe was fighting his fight more than Hopkins was fighting his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
                I didn't care about either guy, so I had no emotion attached to it. I know Joe didn't land everything he threw, but for me, Hopkins is the one who looked more uncomfortable with the situation and Joe was fighting his fight more than Hopkins was fighting his.
                What do you think Hopkins would've done to Calzaghe if that fight had taken place several years earlier? Of course Hopkins has nobody to blame but himself for that but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                  And what the hell are you, a Calzaghe fan? At least there is a reason to celebrate Hopkins. Calzaghe wasn't man enough to come fight the best in America until Americas best was too damn old to beat him. What a real hero he is, right?
                  no i am not a big calzaghe fan, but i respect his career as a whole...yeah you may be right...for whatever reason he didn't hop on a plane to fight either jones or nard when they were prime, but from what i understand, there were talks, but the fights didn't go through for whatever reason...at the same time, jones and nard weren't too eager to go to wales either, and both probably would have made a ton of money, much more than in the states, so the incentive was there for both...

yeah he fought a **** to s**t jones, but he did beat a very good version of a nard who just couldn't seem to make fights with equally talented fighters his size, and after what calzaghe did to him, we see why...

Comment

• Originally posted by toysale View Post

you know what...this thread sucks...you got a delusional hopkins fan on here with edited tapes that clearly sensationalize that crappy performance of nard, still crying about how he was robbed...pure garbage

Comment

• i think the right man won that night. Calzaghe wins in a rematch i think too. hopkins rarely gets hurt, and i think Calzaghe had him against the ropes in most rounds and was not only setting the pace but making it more of his fight than hopkins made it more of his. how can you reward a fighter who's only success in a fight was making it an ugly affair. just because hopkins can make some fighters not look their best doesnt mean HE was whooping them or them

Comment

Working...
                      X